Jeep CJ Models

Jeep CJ Models
While I came about this info in an "unfortunate" manor, The 1973 "Supper Jeep" package seems like a rarity and deserves (possibly) some attention in this post.

$%28KGrHqYOKiYEw%29p%217%21BOBMbIwGqVo%21%7E%7E_12.jpg

Was this a all original example of a Dealer package?

Either way, It's a particularly good looking CJ in my opinion. :cool:

Found some info on it here:

The Story of Jeep - Patrick R. Foster - Google Books

Page 149 / AMC 150 .

That entire book may be helpful in this as well...

:chug: And let me know if you all would like a little help in the project too. I am not as knowledgeable as most of you (as I am sure you are aware from my attempts at advice :D ) but am willing to help if there's a need for some digging for info. etc.

:chug: & :popcorn:

~ JR

cj 1 info, not to be confused with the CJ2 AgriJeep was soon morphed into the CJ2

The civilian Jeep project began in 1944 when Willys-Overland had some resources to spare beyond war-oriented production. Blueprints had been drawn up by February 1944 and a pilot model, dubbed the CJ1 , was up and running by May. It wore a cast-bronze hood emblem that said "AgriJeep ." It's clear the CJ1 was an MB pulled off the line and modified with a tailgate, drawbar, civilian-type top, a spare tire mounted on the passenger side, and lower gearing in the axles and Transfer Case . According to Fred Coldwell's Preproduction Civilian Jeeps, the factory also tested one or more MB Agrijeeps that kept their standard MB military body but used the 2.43 low range Transfer Case and had 5.38 gears in their axles. No CJ1 or MB Agrijeeps are known to survive.

dana 23 with T-18 , and D41

more info

This new Civilian Jeep was initially given the tag "AgriJeep " because Willys had been looking for a way to market the little specialty vehicle to a post-war public.
Since independent farming was still quite prevalent after the war, Willys initially marketed the CJ2 to farmers and those in other outdoor working environments. Hence the name "AgriJeep ".
These farm ready Jeeps were designed to function like a more versatile tractor. Some had front mounted counterweights, PTO's (Power Take-Off drives), tow bars, post-hole diggers, plows and mowers among other equipment.
However, the agricultural angle didn't seem to catch on as intended, so Willys would have to rethink it's marketing strategies if the Universal Jeep design were to survive in the civilian marketplace.

and
Easy Way Post Hole Digger, Hickey Head, Meyer Snow Plows, Generators, Welders, Compressors, Monroe Lift, Newgren 3pt Lift, Ramsey and Koegnig Winches, Canvas Tops and Hard Tops, Bumper Weights, Farm Equipment, Tires, Wheels, Rear Seats, Spot Lights, Snow Plows, Rear/Center/Front PTO's, Heaters, Tail Lights, Governors, Chaff Screens, Hood Light, Rear View Mirror and more....

Last edited:
While I came about this info in an "unfortunate" manor, The 1973 "Super Jeep " package seems like a rarity and deserves (possibly) some attention in this post. :chug: & :popcorn:

~ JR

This is a great example. Its a Jeep I didnt know of before coming to this site. I didnt know of the "Spring Edition" either. I was suprised to see people didnt know about the CJ8 Postal Jeep and shared that info here.

If you have things you want to ad post them here. That way we can add them to an all inclusive thread in some type of order , most likely chronological.

I have a great idea
we can have CJ make us a new category
we start one forum, for just the CJ thread, it will be a work in progress as we fill in information about each model, I can get Busa set up to moderate that forum and he can also edit the thread with all the CJ info in it
we will then set up a thread anyone can post in to add info we then use for research and add to the mother thread
then we set up categories for each type of jeep CJ so people can post a picture of their jeep and a short description. We can heavily moderate so no post that are not pic and descriptions.
that way we have a growing category of CJ knowledge and owners pictures all in one place.

like this

Jeep CJ models and information
The Jeep CJ (CJ models and editions)
continueing information thread ( post Cj information so we can get it processed)
Who owns what year (our current thread movd here)
CJ 1 Pics
CJ 2 Pics
CJ 2 A Pics
CJ 3 A Pics
CJ 3 B pics
CJ4 Pics
CJ5 Pics
CJ6 Pics
CJ7 Pics
CJ8 Pics
Cj 10 Pics
Postal Jeep Pics
DJ (Surry) Pics
Misc, Jeep pics ( Jeeps produced offshore)

how does that look? and we mod it so no new threads are made and we keep it as a show piece.

Last edited:
Like it... :notworthy:

May find some good photos of rare CJ's in this thread too: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/pictures-unusual-jeep-cjs-9368/

Most of those are heavily modified etc. But may be a few golden nuggets...

If I am understanding correctly, you will have them categorized by model, then the optional packages, or Themes if you will, will be categorized under it. For instance, the 1973 "Supper Jeep" I posted would go under the CJ5 Model section correct?

If I find more info, I will post either here, or the new section when available.

:chug:

~ JR

The " Super Jeep " would be in the CJ5 category. Its hard to say where and how right now till we gather all the info. I think alot of people will be suprised by the sheer magnitude of a thread like this. :cool:

Yes will deff. take a lot of time and effort, as well as hours of searching and such.

Again offer stands on table to help however I can.

Even if it's to stay out of the way :laugh: I'm not a terribly sensitive guy! :cool:

:chug: and holler if needed.

~ JR

The " Super Jeep " would be in the CJ5 category. Its hard to say where and how right now till we gather all the info. I think alot of people will be suprised by the sheer magnitude of a thread like this. :cool:
It looks right except for the tires and wheels. Heres a couple old pic's of
the one I bought new in 73.

It looks right except for the tires and wheels. Heres a couple old pic's of
the one I bought new in 73.

Thats the pic you posted to show me the Super Jeep . Thanx for the reprint. :)

Before that pic if someone told me their '73 came with a dashpad Id have dismissed them from my Jeep friends. :D

As far as the wheels I know some Cjs came with the aluminum slots in a 15x7 size. On a Super Jeep though? Well research needs to be done. ;)

You could allways special order one with the options that you wanted back than. So your right on the wheels. All the ones I remember seeing had white wheels though. even on the tee shirt.

You could allways special order one with the options that you wanted back than. So your right on the wheels.

Thats one of the things thats going to make this thread difficult , but very informative. We're counting on you for the Chevy option packages. :laugh:

Pete, I just found out the Jamboree was an official edition

Pete, I just found out the Jamboree was an official edition

You guys are killing me. :rolleyes: My attempt at sarcasm has backfired badly. :D

Thats why I brought up 2 of the rare attributes of the Jamboree . The brushgaurd and light bar are indeed factory. They were only made in 2 colors , White as pictured and gold. I know of a nice gold one. Let me get a quick pic and I'll post it.

Heres just a few of the special options they came with

The winch with turn signals

jambo3.png

Seats like laredos but with gold stripes

jambo2.png

Uber rare spare tire cover:
jambo1.png

Last edited:
Heres another option / decal package I just ran across. Golden Hawk

golden-hawk-02.png

Last edited:
attachment.php
Can't see the image... Requires CJ8 membership to view the file ... :(

BgGG1lSmbp-dD8uSo1aSR3XBCLNrxuHES-5LKvzYyOGnbPGn2u.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom