Jeep CJ Models

Jeep CJ Models
Im out to broaden and gather my pic collection all in the same area. Im no computer guru but pics eat bandwidth correct? Are we going to run into issues? I imagine this project as pretty pic heavy. ;)

If we upload to our accounts here, the only time band width is being used is when someone is looking at that picture,

Sorry , again not computer savvy. So when I post mine from photobucket is that any different or is it still just when their being viewed?

from a off site photo hosting, they have to be brought here and sent there
so see, host them here if you show them here

What ever you all want to do is fine with me (well, I do get final say :) ), just figure it out and I'll create the necessary forums.

As for photos, I do not want any external links, if the site / link dies then the thread has a red X - every photo should be in our galleries.

from a off site photo hosting, they have to be brought here and sent there
so see, host them here if you show them here
Off site hosting saves our bandwidth, they are not transferred here and then sent, they are simply loaded from an external account.

The problem I have with an external host is that I cannot control content. If the owner of the content closes their account we end up with dead links. :) So, I expect any pics to be locally hosted... :chug:

Off site hosting saves our bandwidth, they are not transferred here and then sent, they are simply loaded from an external account.

The problem I have with an external host is that I cannot control content. If the owner of the content closes their account we end up with dead links. :) So, I expect any pics to be locally hosted... :chug:

Loaded up a bunch of pics. Waiting on a moderator to approve. :popcorn:

:laugh:

Loaded up a bunch of pics. Waiting on a moderator to approve. :popcorn:

:laugh:
Weird, you are not the 1st to tell me that. I think you and / or others have hit the gallery limit...

Approved... :)

This would have been better to orgainize in person over a couple beers but I really think the plans are taking shape nicely.
As for images I am also at my limit. I am hoping we won't need to use our own galleries for these posts (or at least the threads that are closed to more input). If someone changes around their galleries that could also mess up the links.

that is true, we should make a sudo member we can load images into
good point, those of us doing the mod could have the sudo members pass and when we need to upload we can

This would have been better to orgainize in person over a couple beers but I really think the plans are taking shape nicely.
As for images I am also at my limit. I am hoping we won't need to use our own galleries for these posts (or at least the threads that are closed to more input). If someone changes around their galleries that could also mess up the links.
Images can't be deleted from galleries and if images are move the links don't change.

Busa? You are out of gallery space?

Pete
Busa
Jr74cj5

we have a tentative from CJ

so PM me with phone numbers and contact time, converted into Pacific time
and we can get one together, Once that is done, we can have it set up.

Busa? You are out of gallery space?

Yes, I am out of space. When I want to post more pictures I go to my gallery and go to edit. There I can delete my picture.

Another option is I simply attach an image to a post as an attachment. Then I re-edit my post to link it as a big image. Like this:
7365d1323309083-jeep-cj-models-jeep4.jpg

But yes, I am out of space.

Yes, I am out of space. When I want to post more pictures I go to my gallery and go to edit. There I can delete my picture.

Another option is I simply attach an image to a post as an attachment. Then I re-edit my post to link it as a big image. Like this:
7365d1323309083-jeep-cj-models-jeep4.jpg

But yes, I am out of space.
What about the space now?

Pete
Busa
Jr74cj5

we have a tentative from CJ

so PM me with phone numbers and contact time, converted into Pacific time
and we can get one together, Once that is done, we can have it set up.

No tentative... :) give a plan and if I think is the best for the site then Ill make the forums. If not then we brain storm it some more....

thats what I was saying CJ, we have a pre go, we need a plan and we forward it to you

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom