Mystery sound game

Mystery sound game
Guess I gota pull the front wheels to see. Anyone know how to get a keyed lug nut off? Maybe it is the pad material seperated, but it didn't seem loose when feeling around.

As far as getting the keyed lug nut off I hit 'em with a chisel a few times to get them a little "ratty". Then clamp a good vise grip on it and give it a twist.

You lost your lug nut key, that sucks :bang: x2 on what Pete said, flat side it with a chisel and get a set of vice grips on it.

And when you're done, throw the S.O.B. away and got buy a new matching set of lug nuts :D

Mine are gorilla lug nut they used a keyed socket.
I believe a 12 point might work to get it off.
If nothing else I can order a key from gorilla
using the reg code.

To get the Keyed lug nut off, Drive a 13/16 (or is it 7/8? 3/4? Ah, get one that fits tight on it) socket onto it with a mallet, then use an impact wrench to drive it off.

Or do it the easy way, and drive it to the local tire store and have them use their special tool to remove all of them in one trip.

I'm going to go with Drive Shaft too. If it's a 4wd, why don't you try driving on the rear shaft and see how that works?

What? It uses the rear shaft all the time even in 4wd.
I'm in 2wd btw, LOL. The sound is up front, being it stops when the brakes are
mashed I'm hoping for brake pad or similar shiz and not a bearing.

I'm pulling tires and checking that stuff out tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom