solid mounted engine and trans

solid mounted engine and trans
As CJK said it's usually off set so the driveshaft will clear the auto Transmission . pan.

i will have to look and see how much clearance there is. the reason i ask is that my output shaft on the Transfer Case dosent line up with the pinion on the rear end. if the mounts are offset, it should put everythiing in line

How much off set are we talking?:cool:

i will have to look and see how much clearance there is. the reason i ask is that my output shaft on the Transfer Case dosent line up with the pinion on the rear end. if the mounts are offset, it should put everythiing in line

mabye an inch is all i need. towards the passenger side. is one factory mount larger than another?

some may be of another opinion but I don't think I would sweat an inch a lot.
If you can line it up fine but make sure everything clears everything else.:cool:

mabye an inch is all i need. towards the passenger side. is one factory mount larger than another?

clearance will be my biggest issue i think. ill keep an eye on that real close like. thanks for the suggstions everyone. it helps tons.

I guess this would be a good time to say that the rear driveshaft is usually offset a little bit even when stock, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

when he first mentioned it I was afraid he may have an offset pumpkin rear diff.:confused:

no, the pumpkin is centered, the Transmission /Transfer Case setup is not. just wanted to make sure the offset wouldnt cause a driveline vibration or binding or anything unexpected

for my AMC 304 , one of the mounts were actually larger than the other, I have taken them off now, so I don't remeber which side it was, but it was about an inch.

no worries if the offset is an inch or two

i think stock is the way to go. that way i know headers will fit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom