Throw-out bearing replacement

Throw-out bearing replacement

xena1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ with 360
I have pulled my AMC 232 i6 from my CJ and will be putting a 360 in it's place. This may sound silly, but can the throw-out bearing be pulled and replaced without pulling the bellhousing? I don't want to damage the spring by pulling the fork too far forward to release the clips. Thanks

I have pulled my AMC 232 i6 from my CJ and will be putting a 360 in it's place. This may sound silly, but can the throw-out bearing be pulled and replaced without pulling the bellhousing? I don't want to damage the spring by pulling the fork too far forward to release the clips. Thanks

Might be able to take the springs loose... might be a pain to try putting them back on though :cool:

Thanks, but was hoping to hear from someone who has changed bearing. I don't wish to have spring, and ball fall out because I moved fork too far forward.

you have that much faith in the clutch that your going to use the one on the engine??:cool:

Thanks, but was hoping to hear from someone who has changed bearing. I don't wish to have spring, and ball fall out because I moved fork too far forward.

Ive changed a few my friend :cool:, but i always remove the tranny, so the shaft is out of the way, yes the ball can fall out, thats why i said might be possible, but its a pain in the :censored:

I hope you figure it out man...
:chug:

Well, ended up pulling bellhousing, not that big of a deal. That is the right way to get the throw-out bearing replaced. Thanks for the input.

Just think I am in for the same thing:(

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom