Trail spares

Trail spares
Thanks jonboy, I am going to get me some of that!

Here is what my distributor looks like. No points. Any spares I should have for this guy?
P7120005.png

Thanks jonboy, I am going to get me some of that!

Here is what my distributor looks like. No points. Any spares I should have for this guy?
P7120005.png

BCCJ

:)Not familiar with that distributor........but a rotor , a spare cap would be nice, as I mentioned before I carried at least one spare spark plug wire the longest one in the loom.
I would guess whatever that breaker less trigger is inside there but again I'm not familiar with the system and its reliability.
:D:D:D:D

Those would be good spares. they are on the eventually list for now :)

In case you are wondering about this:

Today I got to drive around essentially without brakes. For some reason they are pulling extremely hard to the right when the last time I drove it everything was fine. :confused: But by taking it easy and gearing down I was able to limp home.

There was a slow leak in the brake cylinder. The fluid was contained by the rubber boots for the first few drives but now the rubber boots on the cylinder are full of fluid and it's leaking out. It drips onto the hub which drips right onto the drum at the bottom. Apparently oil on the drums or shoes causes the brake to lock up hard. As it's only the passenger front thats doing this the Jeep pulls dangerously hard to the right. Got a new cylinder in the workshop;)

Those would be good spares. they are on the eventually list for now :)

In case you are wondering about this:

There was a slow leak in the brake cylinder. The fluid was contained by the rubber boots for the first few drives but now the rubber boots on the cylinder are full of fluid and it's leaking out. It drips onto the hub which drips right onto the drum at the bottom. Apparently oil on the drums or shoes causes the brake to lock up hard. As it's only the passenger front thats doing this the Jeep pulls dangerously hard to the right. Got a new cylinder in the workshop;)

BCCJ:

:)Normally brake cylinders are almost good forever, usually see them leak when they have been setting for a while and the piston bore gets a little rust on it and kills the seal. Easy but messy fix.
Good Job on your trail List!
:D:D:D:D

Thanks Tarry. and good job helping me with my list :D :chug:

Thanks to all for sharing thier ideas and knowledge!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom