What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
Been driving her around all day with the windshield down

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I used a wall wart to supply teat power to the electronics package I made to slide into the tuffy center console. Turns out I had wired the switches incorrectly and the mp3 player isn't putting out sound. Next I'll rewire the switches and then dig the mp3 board out to test for what the issue is1000010403.jpg

Finally got her '7 going after a month of intermittent troubleshooting. Wound up being a faulty-from-the-box electric fuel pump. Now I don't have to miss any top-down Indian Summer days!

I installed a pad for us to secure our two Dachshunds with. I found the pad on the web at just the right width, and picked up the double seat belt buckles off ebay. I think they said it was out of a Cherokee or Wagoneer--I can't remember. The mounting was easy--I punched a hole through the pad with one of my trusty set of gasket punches. I cut the wooden disk out of 3/8" plywood using a fly cutter wheel. It's nothing fancy, but the doggies love it. The little buckled-in leashes are set at a good limiting length to keep their inquisitive selves inside the Jeep.

IMG_9276.JPEG IMG_9191.JPEG

Even though summer is done and the top is back on, it's still good to be able to keep the little bastids in one place while we're driving around!

I installed a pad for us to secure our two Dachshunds with. I found the pad on the web at just the right width, and picked up the double seat belt buckles off ebay. I think they said it was out of a Cherokee or Wagoneer--I can't remember. The mounting was easy--I punched a hole through the pad with one of my trusty set of gasket punches. I cut the wooden disk out of 3/8" plywood using a fly cutter wheel. It's nothing fancy, but the doggies love it. The little buckled-in leashes are set at a good limiting length to keep their inquisitive selves inside the Jeep.

View attachment 102291 View attachment 102292

Even though summer is done and the top is back on, it's still good to be able to keep the little bastids in one place while we're driving around!
Pretty cool, secure, comfy and happy! :chug:

I left the CJ under the cover for a couple days so I could take the other convertible for the commute.

20240923_100507.jpg

Cool Bay Area cruiser there.

It was a nice day here, so I threw the clubs in the back seat of the CJ and drove the 15 miles to our company’s annual golf tournament this morning. Lotsa questions and “holy :dung:, that’s cool!” when rolling up to the bag drop.

My long range forecast. She's been under the emergency top since Saturday and I don't see a change
789e2424d3fc58c5b99b05679dad09a1.png

050842373ee48908915b619baf0e1a6c.png

My prayers are with the people of the Southeast. We were domiciled in Florida for 27. years. When I quit flying I moved back to Colorado. The weather is always sunny at the highest altitudes

20240924_221046.jpg

Got off of a beautiful trail the other day and went to unlock my hubs only to find that the driver side was stuck. I finally had to take a vice-grip to it in order to force the dial over to 2 wheel drive.

Upon inspection, I was shocked to find many plastic parts/gears and the dial itself...! I also found one of the ring gears to be cracked which caused the bind. Come to find out this OEM locking hub was manufactured by Warn.

I began scouring many sites on locking hubs only to find out that the Warn and SuperWench no longer make their much recommended locking hubs for any of the CJ7 models. I did find that MileMarker does make a quality, all metal, replacement and is well reviewed.

Installing the Mile Marker 470's now... very robust, all metal construction.

Hopefully my warn all metal ones last forever

Bought mine with a hardtop years ago out of west Virginia. Guy had a bunch of parts laying around for his CJ that got squished by a tree. I bought the whole lot cheap. They were new in a box. Had them on for almost 20 years now

Neighbor's cat is enjoying my emergency top as a cat hammock efdc39d8cbe899d812afd302691c3fca.jpg

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom