Which carb is this???

Which carb is this???
was the carb rebuilt? if so are you sure the float has been set properly?. I had to set it a couple of times before I got it right. Hows your fuel filter? Just to give you somewhere to start.

Still have not rebuilt the carb. I think that's going to be my next step. Fuel filter is new. I'm just frustrated because the Jeep ran well before replacing the gas tank. Now, it won't even idle. :confused:

I'm heading to the parts store to pick up a rebuild kit now.

Are we sure it is getting fuel to the carb?, kink in fuel line?Just don't get frustrated because sometimes you just stumble onto what needs to be done.

one thing i did to mine is i run a clear inline fuel fitler before my fuel pump and run a stock one before the carb. print out the instructions in the one post and the rebuild will be easy. that is the one i used. if the tank was rusty you probally have a bunch of :dung: in your lines and maybe carb.

Are we sure it is getting fuel to the carb?, kink in fuel line?Just don't get frustrated because sometimes you just stumble onto what needs to be done.

I'm 100% sure it's getting fuel. Even unplugged the line at the carb and turned the ignition. It filled up a cup pretty quickly.

one thing i did to mine is i run a clear inline fuel fitler before my fuel pump and run a stock one before the carb. print out the instructions in the one post and the rebuild will be easy. that is the one i used. if the tank was rusty you probally have a bunch of :dung: in your lines and maybe carb.

The fuel coming into the carb is pretty clean now, but I'm sure that's what clogged it originally. Worse case scenario, the carb gets a new life and the whole rig runs better! :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom