Which Dana 44 axles?

Which Dana 44 axles?
CJIM7:

With his plans on running 20% offroad with 37" tires he won't have to change anything on the D60... I know many people who beat on their stock 60's with larger tires... their common response is along the lines of... I'll run it until it breaks... and so far it hasn't broke.

True.
The gray area is the 20% offroad. Does that justify narrowing the 60 to keep it 80% legal? Or keep it full width. At full width, 37" tires are not going to cut it. :(

True.
The gray area is the 20% offroad. Does that justify narrowing the 60 to keep it 80% legal? Or keep it full width. At full width, 37" tires are not going to cut it. :(

You know, full width would work. A set of H1`s from 406YJ on Pirate. They have something like 6 inches of backspacing. Or you can get them recentered for less BSing. But a stock H1 wheel would bring the track width down to almost stock. I forgot about him.

Wheel and tire (((sale))) 189.95 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

H1 Beadlocks - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Well for those that have been reading my thread here's an up date. I ended up sellng my 1 ton donar truck today. I had no time to think it over it sold in two days. I feel I jumped into buying w out really researching it. And after reading your guys responses I felt I should go in another direction. The axle width was def a concern but I also came to realize that the 400 Transmission was a little to long. And because I would only end up usng a few things off the truck I'd be better off selling it and really try and fig out what would work better for building up my stock 85 CJ7 . So hopefully I can get some direction from you guys on what components i should try and track down for my build. Ie motor Transmission tcase and axles. Trying to do it right the second time around:confused:

So got a plan for my axles. I'm considering building up the Dana 30 in the front and looking for a ford 8.8 for the rear. I've recently been given some info on this from another member here who seems to really know his stuff. It seems most of the research I looked into are all dealing w/ the newer jeeps but i didnt see anything on putting them in a CJ7 ? Now I haven't had a chance to look over all the references he sent me so I'm not saying it isn't there but if anyone knows for sure give me shout. Also do I need to use the abs on the 8.8 if it is set up for that axle? Might be a dumb ? But I'd thought I'd ask. :confused:

So got a plan for my axles. I'm considering building up the Dana 30 in the front and looking for a ford 8.8 for the rear. I've recently been given some info on this from another member here who seems to really know his stuff. It seems most of the research I looked into are all dealing w/ the newer jeeps but i didnt see anything on putting them in a CJ7 ? Now I haven't had a chance to look over all the references he sent me so I'm not saying it isn't there but if anyone knows for sure give me shout. Also do I need to use the abs on the 8.8 if it is set up for that axle? Might be a dumb ? But I'd thought I'd ask. :confused:

The CJ and YJ are so close in design......Both being SUA leaf spring........that the apps you see for swapping into a YJ would be the same as a CJ.

Here is two links to get you started.

Ford 8.8 Axle in YJ

ford8_8.html

Swap kits

Jeep Axle swap for Ford 8.8 Axle on Jeep YJ 1987-1995

Ford 8.8 Rear Axle Simple Swap (31 spline) [8.8 Simple Swap (31 splin] - $120.00

The ABS is not needed and can be simpley left in place on the housing.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom