Build Thread 1986 CJ7 Build

Build Thread 1986 CJ7 Build
Nice pictures !

Last day in the mtns. Wife drove most of today.
Rear locker seems fine. Visited with an old friend last night during the raffle giveaway (4x4 shop owner where I worked through college) and he said the new Detroit Soft Lockers don’t have the same tooth depth for engagement and when you back up a few feet, then go forward, they have a hard time engaging. Who knows?

View attachment 1000009720.mov

I think it was about 1997 on a run of the Iron Chest Mine Trail in the fall, mom stepped out of their CJ5 onto a big boulder and we called it her perch.
It was really special for us to find that same boulder, this many years past, when we ran that trail again this summer. Very emotional, since mom's recent passing this May. But, very cool at the same time. Jeepers keep rolling...

Judi 2.jpg

KnA Iron Chest.jpg

IMG_7594.jpegIMG_7590.jpegIMG_7597.jpegAug 22, 24:
-Working on a swing out spare tire carrier.
Fabrication is done, just need to add reinforcement frame tie-in brackets at rear frame ends and crossmember. Will bolt and weld in place. Turned out pretty nice.

Dropped our youngest off at University of Kansas this weekend. The “Jeep Road” exit is about half way there…

IMG_7603.jpeg

Mounted spare tire carrier and took Jeep for a test ride this evening to see how solid it is. Pretty dang impressed!
Built it to sit a bit high and close to tailgate for good clearance at the rear.
IMG_7621.jpegIMG_7623.jpeg

9-1-24:
-Decided to mount the winch I bought a while ago. Trimmed it down, welded-in unused holes and drilled new holes in the “Universal” channel I had. Bought some new grade-8 hardware too.
Afternoon install and it looks good!
IMG_7651.jpeg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom