BBD Metering Pins

BBD Metering Pins
well if you have ruled out the fuel system and most of the ignition, i'd do a compression check next. the problem could still be your carb, you can tune it, and play with it all you want but imo its still a piece of :dung:. the most affordable solution for that carb is to replace it with a mc2100

well if you have ruled out the fuel system and most of the ignition, i'd do a compression check next. the problem could still be your carb, you can tune it, and play with it all you want but imo its still a piece of :dung:. the most affordable solution for that carb is to replace it with a mc2100

Thanks! I'll do the compression test and continue checking the fuel system a little. However, where would be the best place to get a no fuss, no muss mc2100? Does it require an adapter plate, or is it a direct bolt on?

you need a adapter, i use the mr gasket one. i haven't had any problems with it leaking. you need a mc2100 with 1.08 venturis it will be stamped on the side of the carb. there is a guy on ebay that sells a whole kit for around $250 he rubuilds them and sets em up for jeep. i bought mine from a guy locally, and set it up myself i have about $100 in the conversion. really the best thing for me about gettin rid of the carter was i cleaning up under the hood, i got rid of all the vaccum lines except 2 one for pcv valve and one for the distributor. and i got rid of almost all of the wiring harness under the hood. alot of people have done this modification so its well documented

you need a adapter, i use the mr gasket one. i haven't had any problems with it leaking. you need a mc2100 with 1.08 venturis it will be stamped on the side of the carb. there is a guy on ebay that sells a whole kit for around $250 he rubuilds them and sets em up for jeep. i bought mine from a guy locally, and set it up myself i have about $100 in the conversion. really the best thing for me about gettin rid of the carter was i cleaning up under the hood, i got rid of all the vaccum lines except 2 one for pcv valve and one for the distributor. and i got rid of almost all of the wiring harness under the hood. alot of people have done this modification so its well documented

Thanks! I will scope out Ebay for that kit.

Does he set up his carbs for electric or manual choke?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom