Hose Problem #1

Hose Problem #1

cuelebre

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7 1981 6Cyl.
I´m learning mechanics with my CJ7 81. I'm not doing any dangerous stuff like oppening the carb or taking the pistons out. Just staying with the basics.

Yesterday, checking the hose connections, I found two things that doesn´t look good.

My first problem is that there is a Black Cylinder with 4 places for hoses, but there are only 2 connected.

Please see the attached picture. The red arrow, goes to the Carb. The green arrow goes to the Gas Tank, but the yellow and the blue, have no hose connected to it.

What is the Black Cylinder? What are the missin hoses for?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Cylinder CJ7 81.jpg
    Cylinder CJ7 81.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 353
fuel vapor canister. :cool:

X2 on that IO nailed it.
Could also be called useless junk.
Part of your obviously non functioning emissions system.
I'm pretty sure they don't do sniffer testing in Mexico.
¿qué ciudad hace usted vivo adentro?;)

Well, Inlive in Mexico city and the emission regulation is very tight. We have to pass an emission test every six months. My CJ is in veri good condition and barely passes. I have to send it to the mechanic two days before the exam. I can't use my car on wednesdays and the third saturday of each month.

Well, Inlive in Mexico city and the emission regulation is very tight. We have to pass an emission test every six months. My CJ is in veri good condition and barely passes. I have to send it to the mechanic two days before the exam. I can't use my car on wednesdays and the third saturday of each month.

Sorry to hear how bad it is in Mexico city.
I have friends who live in Guanajuato, but like me in the countryside.
Where I live there is no emissions inspection at all, visual or sniffer on older vehicles.
Must be part of the price you pay for living in one of the worlds largest cities.;)

So, this is your evaporative emissions canister. The two lines on it already are correct. The blue arrow (broken nipple) is for the vacuum signal to purge the canister. Connects to ported vacuum on the carb. The yellow is the the purge line. Tees into the PCV hose that goes to the carb.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom