Leaky water pump

Leaky water pump
So the engine heats up and the thermostat closes... Restricting the water in the radiator and cooling the water...

But not cooling the block, it's only cooling the coolant.

So the engine heats up and the thermostat closes... Restricting the water in the radiator and cooling the water...

NO the engine heats up and the stat. opens

But not cooling the block, it's only cooling the coolant.
And if the thermostat is properly installed, it's reading the block water temp and regulating the coolant flow for the block, not the radiator...

Because I read your "typo" post... :D

Let's just say we agree to disagree?

And if the thermostat is properly installed, it's reading the block water temp and regulating the coolant flow for the block, not the radiator...

I'm back had to eat a hambuger and a :beer:
Don't give up EB, the pump pumps the water out of the block to quick to cool it once the stat opens.
It takes a few miles but it finaly catches up and overheats on the highway. At least mine does, on the trails it's fine.( high flow pump) With a reg. pump it's fine on the highway but runs on the hot side on the trails.

I'm back too. I was booted off the computer by my better half. She claims I'm "addicted" to this forum.

Hi my name is elwood, and I'm addicted to jeep-cj.com :D

I'm back had to eat a hambuger and a :beer:
Don't give up EB, the pump pumps the water out of the block to quick to cool it once the stat opens.
It takes a few miles but it finaly catches up and overheats on the highway. At least mine does, on the trails it's fine.( high flow pump) With a reg. pump it's fine on the highway but runs on the hot side on the trails.

See, I told you, now I have proof!!! :laugh:

Newton's law of cooling, states that the rate of heat loss of a body is proportional to the difference in temperatures between the body and its surroundings, or environment. The law is

11231aee6af8b974a1bc4750b2f187e1.png
Q = Thermal energy in joules
h = Heat transfer coefficient
A = Surface area of the heat being transferred
T0 = Temperature of the object's surface
Tenv = Temperature of the environment

The heat transfer coefficient, in thermodynamics and in mechanical and chemical engineering, is used in calculating the heat transfer, typically by convection or phase change between a fluid and a solid:

b363da6b0e21d5940d4e2d91396aa5ea.png

where
ΔQ = heat input or heat lost
h = heat transfer coefficient
A = heat transfer surface area
ΔT = difference in temperature between the solid surface and surrounding fluid area
Δt = time period, s

See what you made me do CJ? I had to prove how big of a nerd I am.

Newton's law of cooling, states that the rate of heat loss of a body is proportional to the difference in temperatures between the body and its surroundings, or environment. The law is

11231aee6af8b974a1bc4750b2f187e1.png
Q = Thermal energy in joules
h = Heat transfer coefficient
A = Surface area of the heat being transferred
T0 = Temperature of the object's surface
Tenv = Temperature of the environment

The heat transfer coefficient, in thermodynamics and in mechanical and chemical engineering, is used in calculating the heat transfer, typically by convection or phase change between a fluid and a solid:

b363da6b0e21d5940d4e2d91396aa5ea.png

where
ΔQ = heat input or heat lost
h = heat transfer coefficient
A = heat transfer surface area
ΔT = difference in temperature between the solid surface and surrounding fluid area
Δt = time period, s
Thanks EB because of that I needed some :beer: to make my head stop hurting :p.

Thanks EB because of that I needed some :beer: to make my head stop hurting :p.

:laugh: Alright, here's another one on me. Because finding it in the mountain of tech and training manuals I have saved on my computer gave me a headache too :chug:

I don't know what you're talking about, you started this mess...

Things I have learned. When your water pump leaks, the seal is gone, and a rubber band aint gonna make it feel better. A high flow pump on a stock engine / cooling system made my engines run hot. And if I can do it, I love cheap stock parts! I'm a carpenter, so I never over think anything, I just fix :dung: and move on. And so, I will leave you eggheads to argue amongst yourselves as to why. :p

Nope I agree if broke fix it, if it ain't broke don't fix it and drive the :dung: out of it until it is.......

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom