Major Failure

Major Failure

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
I thought after driving the Scrambler for a couple of weeks things would get better. They're not :(. For some unknown reason this Jeep is not marking its territory. It refuses to drop fluids anywhere. A guy at work today tried to accuse the Cj of an oil spot, but after a small judicial session the placement of the oil could not have come from the front bumper. :D I never had a Jeep that I didnt have to fix something to stop it from leaking something. When it didnt leak when I had it sitting I thought it was just tempermental. Im beginning to think something is really wrong. Anyone know of Jeep counselers out there? I here keeping things penned up isnt good. Please advise.

:laugh:

I thought after driving the Scrambler for a couple of weeks things would get better. They're not :(. For some unknown reason this Jeep is not marking its territory. It refuses to drop fluids anywhere. A guy at work today tried to accuse the Cj of an oil spot, but after a small judicial session the placement of the oil could not have come from the front bumper. :D I never had a Jeep that I didnt have to fix something to stop it from leaking something. When it didnt leak when I had it sitting I thought it was just tempermental. Im beginning to think something is really wrong. Anyone know of Jeep counselers out there? I here keeping things penned up isnt good. Please advise.

:laugh:

Sounds to me like you've run her totally dry.;)

You just haven't learned how to make her wet yet....

__or__

Tickle her till she pees....

:laugh: I slay myself!

my jeep is always wet. :laugh:

Sounds to me like you've run her totally dry.;)

You would think so , but honestly I chaffe easily and monitor this quite often.

You just haven't learned how to make her wet yet....

__or__

Tickle her till she pees....

:laugh: I slay myself!
Shes old enough, she coughs frequently in the morning. Odds are shed be incontinent enough to leave a wet spot then No??

my jeep is always wet. :laugh:

But that musky smell is not very becoming

Last edited:
All your oil must have turned to slug thats to thick to run out.:D

Mine doesn't leak a drop.
Of course it took four years of fixin and gasket/seal replacing to reach that point. :)

If it don't leak then you broke it so fix her so she can relief herself :D

Lmao guys. I figured this wasnt a very common problem. :D Never had one that didnt leak somewhere until after Id fixed it. Its probably dropping a quart or two in the employee parking lot as I type. I probably jinxed myself.:rolleyes:

This sounds bad....very bad....you better check the levels again!!
There's no telling what the PO has done with your jeep! :eek:

Just got a new box of parts in the mail so I know my jeeps wet

you aint rode her hard enough yet! I rode mine so hard and put her away so wet last weekend that now i get to change the water pump and a couple of seals in the Transmission .
haha

I believe I have diagnosed your problem. You have what is called fluid retention. There are two types. First, chronic fluid retention is the case where the fluids catch in a retaining low spot such as in the frame rail or on a guard pan. It may stat there until the jeep is turned to an elevated angle where it can be set free. If driven through water of the right depth, it will wash away all evidence of the retention and thus confuse the owner.

The other type is of the acute nature. In this situation fluid is retained such that it starves seals from lubrication. This will continue until seals fail and then the fluid may be released all at once or in a steady stream.

In either case, you are doomed. I would be very concerned. You should have a local backyard mechanic loosen the tight seals with the improper tools.

Lmao. Thats some funny :dung:.
I would be very concerned. You should have a local backyard mechanic loosen the tight seals with the improper tools.

Wait, how do you change your oil then??? I was pretty sure jeeps had an automatically recirculating oil system built in so all you have to do is keep adding more oil to it.

your Jeep needs to spend more time with mine! But mine is confusing... I will come out in the morning and there will be a huge AT fluid stain, and a large oil stain... both very recent... it will do this for about 3 months (until i change the oil)... i check it about once a week, and she is NEVER low... I think my neighbor has been sneaking her :censored: in the night... maybe its the UPS MAN :eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom