Suspension Old man emu YJ spring conversion

Suspension Old man emu YJ spring conversion
Lockers and the OME YJ spring conversion rank at the top of the list for best improvements, for me anyways.

I'm keeping my body lift (only 1") make clean up easy after wheeling

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I'm keeping my body lift (only 1") make clean up easy after wheeling

I would to but mine is about 3 inches. Not good. I may go with a 1 inch but I think that will keep me from getting in the garage. I already have to take the top down to make it in how it's configured now

Ordered my kit last week. Just waiting for it to arrive

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ

So what kit did you order ? What brand of spring and lift size ?

Old man emu. 2.5" got it from Rocky road outfitters

Was there a medium or HD load springs? Or just 1 set load with 2 1/2 inch lift. I’ve had my Warn 2 1/2 inch springs for 30 years now, actually like that height but they are stiff. Probably why they are not drooping at all.

Nice to hear. Looking forward to seeing your install.
Your definitely going to notice the improvement in flex and ride. :)

They had both medium and heavy duty. I went medium

I'm waiting to see how much lift I end up with. They say it's around 3-3.5" once you factor in the shackles and new mounting point

I'm waiting to see how much lift I end up with. They say it's around 3-3.5" once you factor in the shackles and new mounting point

Thanks that helps me a bit. I definitely don't want any body lift with mine then. I'm betting with how sad my current springs are I'll be more toward the 3.5. What did they cost total if you don't mind?

Thanks that helps me a bit. I definitely don't want any body lift with mine then. I'm betting with how sad my current springs are I'll be more toward the 3.5. What did they cost total if you don't mind?
1,677.00 shipped. That's the complete kit (I probably won't use all of it) that comes with the springs, mounts, shocks, extended brake lines, Transfer Case drop, bushings, etc. I'll post detailed pics before I begin.

I will also do floor to frame measurements front and rear. This way I know the total lift I end up with. My rear is riding high and my front is saggy. So hopefully I have an even ride height. I just hope it doesn't lift it to much or I may try to see what I can do to lower it a bit.

He did tell me the only difference between medium and heavy is one spring and they sell that as an on for 40 bucks if I need heavys for the rear. So it wouldn't be a terrible change once I install and use it for a bit.

I know you already pulled the trigger, but here's a visual comparison. I barely got 2in of lift with OME heavy springs all around and that was with going to yj length shackles. I pieced my kit together. After adding the winch, rear bumper tire carrier and full size spare, about 5 years later they were sagging to the left and rear. To the point I'd began getting rubbing on some turns. I bit the bullet and got bds 3in lift springs and was much happier with the stance and couldn't tell the difference in ride quality.

Same tires and wheels in both pictures. Phew I need to polish my wheels back up... Anyway,
Brand new OME just installed.
IMG_20170402_193837.jpg

BDS
IMG_20240703_105116946_HDR.jpg

I'm glad you didn't get a whole lot of lift. I don't really want it to be higher than it already is. A little is fine (even with the rear would be best) as far as ride quality I'm sure anything is an improvement over my current setup.

Got my tracking number it will arrive Thursday

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom