One header angles down?

One header angles down?
I've had a few issues with stuff I bought at Summit. Talking to tech. support always seems like I'd get a better answer if I asked my dog.
Seeing were you live, If it was me I'd be driving over the hill to the Sparks location and throwing a drivers side header on the counter to match against another one.
Of course that would cost about the same as paying for the high dollar header from the start.
What did the guy say when you told him outside the frame headers didn't have a linkage issue?

I've had a few issues with stuff I bought at Summit. Talking to tech. support always seems like I'd get a better answer if I asked my dog.

LOL :laugh:

Seeing were you live, If it was me I'd be driving over the hill to the Sparks location and throwing a drivers side header on the counter to match against another one.

Trust me i thought about it... :cool: I just pictured that old tire commercial where the granny throws the tire through the window... "If you're not satisfied return it..." <Crash> "Thank you!"

What did the guy say when you told him outside the frame headers didn't have a linkage issue?

Just e-mailed him back that exact question... We'll see the answer, but i assume it will be something like... bla bla bla :wtf:

I'll post the answer after that. Think i might just have to customize these ones straighter. Been seeing a lot of posts about people hating fenderwell headers anyways, always getting beat up on rocks. Might think about another option after this fiasco, Maybe my ceramic coated ones (cash flow willing) i'm going to buy later this year will be a different type. (not fenderwell)

To all who posted and helped out though :ty:
I greatly appreciate it...

:chug:

Summit's response:

JR,
You can send them back and exchange them for the Hedman 99190 which looks as though it may fit a little better, but based on the pictures of all the manufacturers headers the left header appears to angle downward.

I believe that i read the Summit brand was made by Hedman, so they'd probably be exactly the same... Think I might just fix these bad boys until a rock on the rubicon rips them off... :D

Then I'll look into a new option that will be a little more hidden and protected.

Thanks again all...
~ JR :cool:

Well I heated the rear side of the collector with a torch today while jacking up the very tip of the muffler. Came out nice! Still have to either find out the cause, or do this with each new muffler. But it looks better now!

Will post pics tomorrow ( don't know how to do it from iPhone)

Jr :chug:

So as posted above, I finally decided to just get this done... :cool:

My Uncle heated the Muffler / collector up cherry red on top while I VERY slowly jacked up the tip of the muffler. The first time it went up a ways, but turned out the actual header was flexing up some too, so i then put a block (2x4) under the body way up in "front" of the collector to brace the header while just bending the section i was heating.

It worked great. Rippled the top of the pipe slightly, and the bottom didn't get too weak to hold. And take a look at the pics. :chug:

~ JR

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom