PC is killing this country!

PC is killing this country!
We do have our problems, and are having major ones right now, but then so is the rest of the country. But we are also a place that will try anything once, so we make changes fast, and also refuse to change. That has proven to have created the 10th largest economy in the world. We are doing something correct. However we are losing large businesses fast and need a major change right now. What ever goes on, California will recover and reinvent itself, the entire history of the state shows that over and over again.

Sort of like Texas. California started out speaking spanish, changed to english & is now quickly reverting back to spanish.:eek:

Sort of like Texas. California started out speaking spanish, changed to english & is now quickly reverting back to spanish.:eek:
Sounds like FL also... :)

Kinda wish I studied a different language then German during my high school and college days... What a waste! :laugh:

One of my coworkers, a friend who I have known since 6th grade (I'm 46 now) is married to a wonderful black (is that PC :) )woman from England. They have a beautiful young boy who is now five! I was very worried when they moved here to S GA but have so far been able to stay under the radar...

There have been a few problems so far, but they were much less then expected! Maybe we as a nation are growing up. :)

We are. that is proven every day.
We improved so much in the last 50 years our grandfathers would not recognize the country
Face one thing, We may not like PC, and think it has gone to far, But it has influenced the melding of America into what it is today.

ok ok enough of the wimpy agreeing, lets get back to ripping each other guts out. PC CAN GO TO H&%^ AND BACK IN A HAND BASKET, I want to hear REAL Xmas carols, not 300 different renditions of Have a Holly Jolly Xmas.

LOL - Your point is well taken!

PC is OK for a very few small cases but for the most part it undermines the majority!

Do the rights of the majority out weigh the rights of the minority?

What if the rights of the big M and the little m trample on each other?

Hmm....

We are. that is proven every day.
We improved so much in the last 50 years our grandfathers would not recognize the country
Face one thing, We may not like PC, and think it has gone to far, But it has influenced the melding of America into what it is today.

ok ok enough of the wimpy agreeing, lets get back to ripping each other guts out. PC CAN GO TO H&%^ AND BACK IN A HAND BASKET, I want to hear REAL Xmas carols, not 300 different renditions of Have a Holly Jolly Xmas.

I like the rock & roll Christmas tunes my self.:punk:

Sounds like FL also... :)

Kinda wish I studied a different language then German during my high school and college days... What a waste! :laugh:

What were you thinking!:laugh:

I think we all need to decide where to draw the line. I draw mine very close to the beginning. I do not believe in not saying something just to prevent hurt feelings, that is what caused the recent shootings by Major Muslim. Trust me the only way they saw him was Major Muslim. What they did in the name of PC crippled the Flag recognizing system that could have gotten him help before he flipped out. I think he should have been called on a lot of those issues, but everyone was to afraid if the did, they would not have been PC.
PC like everything else needs to be reviewed and when it interferes with the rights of people, not be used.
I do not believe stopping the playing of Silent Night is PC when if you would go to a store owned by a Budist you would see a shrine somewhere and hear some form of ethnic religious music. What we do with this form of PC is cut off our noses to spite our face. PC is used correctly in places such as what do we call a person of African decent. I mean I think African American is so wrong as they have been in America for centuries. I think Colored is a insult, Black seems to me just as bad. Why not just call them Americans, everyone else refers to themselves. Hispanic background, no problem, Indian background, no problem, What we do with labels is further make divisions.
You know if the Native Americans knew what we would do, they would have massacred us at the beaches and been better off.

I did meet some hot Frauleins in Deutschland myself.:drool:
Oh yea, and after a day at the Munich Oktoberfest, they always wanted to ................................................

I think we all need to decide where to draw the line. I draw mine very close to the beginning. I do not believe in not saying something just to prevent hurt feelings, that is what caused the recent shootings by Major Muslim. Trust me the only way they saw him was Major Muslim. What they did in the name of PC crippled the Flag recognizing system that could have gotten him help before he flipped out. I think he should have been called on a lot of those issues, but everyone was to afraid if the did, they would not have been PC.
PC like everything else needs to be reviewed and when it interferes with the rights of people, not be used.
I do not believe stopping the playing of Silent Night is PC when if you would go to a store owned by a Budist you would see a shrine somewhere and hear some form of ethnic religious music. What we do with this form of PC is cut off our noses to spite our face. PC is used correctly in places such as what do we call a person of African decent. I mean I think African American is so wrong as they have been in America for centuries. I think Colored is a insult, Black seems to me just as bad. Why not just call them Americans, everyone else refers to themselves. Hispanic background, no problem, Indian background, no problem, What we do with labels is further make divisions.
You know if the Native Americans knew what we would do, they would have massacred us at the beaches and been better off.

In a way that's part of the problem too. I've been called redneck, cracker, whitebread, honky & there is no recourse. I my lifetime the accepted terms change like the pages of the calender. When I was born the term most used was Negro. What does NAACP stand for anyway if not the national association for the advancement of colored persons. I did change it to Black or African American. I've always been a Texan & a American, never a Irish American. Hell at least I've been to the Emerald Isle.

In a way that's part of the problem too. I've been called redneck, cracker, whitebread, honky & there is no recourse. I my lifetime the accepted terms change like the pages of the calender. When I was born the term most used was Negro. What does NAACP stand for anyway if not the national association for the advancement of colored persons. I did change it to Black or African American. I've always been a Texan & a American, never a Irish American. Hell at least I've been to the Emerald Isle.
YOu see, that is eactly what I am saying, where do we draw the line?
I do not mind being called a redneck, I embrace my southern heritage. But at least I am actually from there. Now would I call myself from northern states because my great great ancestors came into the Ohio Valley?
I guess it boils down to personal taste. but then that is PC also, so the circle goes on just like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I have to get ready to get to work, really am enjoying the thread, will pop on in the morning

I do not mind being called a redneck, I embrace my southern heritage. But at least I am actually from there. Now would I call myself from northern states because my great great ancestors came into the Ohio Valley?
I guess it boils down to personal taste. but then that is PC also, so the circle goes on just like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I was in a store this week & two what looked to be 10 year old supervised children were running through the store. One dropped his watch cap. I said hey boy( not knowing his name) the child turns & say's I'm ain't yo boy cracker. I meant no disrespect, when I was young people called me boy or son. I never thought ill of it.

I was in a store this week & two what looked to be 10 year old supervised children were running through the store. One dropped his watch cap. I said hey boy( not knowing his name) the child turns & say's I'm ain't yo boy cracker. I meant no disrespect, when I was young people called me boy or son. I never thought ill of it.
And the 'PC' generation gap widens... :(

Speaking of "Redneck", I also wear that one with pride. Now I seem to be known as a "Flat Earther",due to my opinion on the causes of "Global Warming"or "Climate Change"or whatever they are calling it this week.;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can say happy holidays as not to offend others, but what if happy holidays offends you, what if you want to here, merry christmas, happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Eid ul-Adha.

Or how bout the logical thing you say happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Eid ul-Adha and I reply merry christmas, we both smile for the mutual well wishings and understanding and walk away.

My family came to the US and settled in GA, we owned almost half of it at one time, but with each relative having 9 head of boys land and money go away quickly. We (family) still live in GA today. I was called boy by most older folks, and I call my own son boy. I'm no where near racist and I'm not exactly the poster child for PC.

But IMO:
His parents raised his <-BAD WORD-> to immediately jump to racism, which is wrong on their part, the boy isn't at fault it's the idiot parents.

My son goes to a school with many nationalities and gets along with everyone equally. I'm looked at, accused, and thought of as being a racist redneck, just because I'm from GA. Make no bones about it, I'm a redneck. But I could give a rats <-BAD WORD-> what or who someone else is based soley on color. As a matter of fact I hate the french more than anyone else, it's the :dung:ty language.

I think Ron White said it best: "You Can't Fix Stupid!"

In reguards to the whole PC thing be it religion, race, politics, etc.
I look at it the same way I look at life, Fix what you can, let go and don't worry about what you can't fix. If you do you'll go crazy.

People are to hung up on other peoples :dung: and how they "think" they are affected. If people let alot more of the small :dung: slide, and showed some more damn common courtesy the world would be a better place.

Or how bout the logical thing you say happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Eid ul-Adha and I reply merry christmas, we both smile for the mutual well wishings and understanding and walk away.

Damn I wish life could be that simple.

Sounds like a fairytale. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom