Replacement motor for the 258

WENT and got a replacement engine. $200.00 nice buy. Will try to start a new thread. Am new to this, and, well, I am a JEEP ROOKIE... Thanks for all the assistance.:)

YES, i went and pulled the engine, and snapped a bolt on the intake/exhaust maniforl replacement enging, it is flush with the head and am going to try to drill and tap it out. Any good recomendations concerning this type repair? I have never drilled and tapped prior to this!!! :notworthy: I have spoke with people who say, drill several bits small to larger, put tap in a little, pull out and clean and keep doing that. go slow and it may work.

How about using an Easy-Out? Soak broken fastener with PB-Blaster...
drl40b.jpg

The great thing about CJ ownership is it will teach you. You'll have to change your name before long (i.e. no longer a rookie)!

You might be able to get the parts to rebuild it yourself for $500 or $600, but the budget doesn't realistic.

A used AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l might be obtainable in your budget.

I changed my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l for a Chevy 4.3l V6 in the driveway with some help from friends and I stopped running the tab at 3k...it cost more.

As I had a T-18 , it would have been cheaper to go with a Ford motor but you would still need a host of other parts and a lot of labor.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom