Swapping a T18 for a T15?

Swapping a T18 for a T15?
The twin stick kit for the spicer 20 Transfer Case showed up today. UPS just dropped it of (man they are running late - 8:35 pm). Now I can start piecing together a few more bits and get this swap on the road!

Clickable Thumbnail

CJ doesn't know it yet, but I bribed his helper with jelly beans I told him were anti-std pills to steal all the bolts for his Transmission . :p I figure I can get his motor for a gift certificate to a dirty massage parlor.

CJ doesn't know it yet, but I bribed his helper with jelly beans I told him were anti-std pills to steal all the bolts for his Transmission . :p I figure I can get his motor for a gift certificate to a dirty massage parlor.
That would be funny if it wasn't true! :eek:

hey CJ read a little tidbit today about the T-18 tranny using a different torque bracket than the T-150 . Have you seen that in your research yet?

I don't remember anything about that but I haven't paid much attention to T-150 threads, sorry... But I will keep my eyes open now...

A comparison shot of the size difference between a T-18 and a T-15 .

t18_vs_t15_thumb.jpg

View image in gallery

Man thats sweet! I can't wait till I can find one, whenever I have the cash to go get it! :laugh:

Picked up a T-18 to replace the T-15 in in my '81 CJ5 . Do you know if the input shafts are interchangeable? The T-18 is out of '76 J20 pickup with a V8 and has an extra long input shaft. It's already mated to a Dana 20 which I have now. Looking for the easy way out I guess, knowing there really never is one.

Tommy

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom