t case shifter

t case shifter
My Dana 20 likes to pop out of gear, 4 high and 2 low seem to be its favorite positions, I was going to twin stick it and run it in the parts washer for a day or two, the PO did really bad or no maint on it at all. I blasted it with cleaner once then re greased the slide, and changed the fluid and it seemed to work really well for a while but I think my gunk has worked its way loose. So I figure before I rebuild it I'll make sure it is really clean and lubed well first(if I have to rebuild it I'll have to clean it really good anyways. any advise on making my own twin stick setup, looks fairly straight forward as I have a machine shop at my disposal)

The detent springs are most likely worn out unless you twin sticked it then you wouldn't have them. You can get by for a short time by tightening the linkage rods. A little stiffer shift but will stay in gear.

Thank you, yea the budget right now does not allow for a complete rebuild right now as I have to get my hurst shifter rebuilt first, the po didn't do any maintenance on it and when I took it apart instead of grease it looked like metallic clay, of course cleaning it and re greasing it made it worse.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom