Build Thread The $120 Jeep CJ7 build thread

Build Thread The $120 Jeep CJ7 build thread
I bet your guy was pissed, diesels get really expensive when they spit parts all over the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I had to do a 7.3 in my Super Duty years back. Wish I still had that truck. His was the Dodge Cummins on the other trailer behind the Jeep tub in my trailer.

I know. I had to do a 7.3 in my Super Duty years back. Wish I still had that truck. His was the Dodge Cummins on the other trailer behind the Jeep tub in my trailer.

I have an 05 5.9 Cummins its an awesome truck but really expensive to repair feel bad for the guy

I have an 05 5.9 Cummins its an awesome truck but really expensive to repair feel bad for the guy

What's to repair ? I thought that they go for 3/4 million miles and get that good mileage. All the money up front buying it then all the savings after that

:popcorn:

Sent from my gas grille using Tapatalk

What's to repair ? I thought that they go for 3/4 million miles and get that good mileage. All the money up front buying it then all the savings after that

There are a lot of them out there with really high mileage. The key to making them last is changing the oil and fuel filter, if these new diesels they run about 3000psi through the pump and injectors so if they get any water or trash going thru the injectors it eats the seat inside and can torch the piston, mine has 170k on it and I’m not looking forward to having to spend $1500 for them

Spent yesterday taking (breaking) off the body mount bolts to the old tub. Three of them broke. I'm going to position the Jeep so I can take the old tub off and set it on saw horses next to the "new" tub 'til I get it ready to mount. With my memory it will be easier to just remove parts from the old tub and directly mount them onto the new tub without delay. There is some work to do to it. The tailgate bolts are broke off in it, and some body mount bolts broke off in it... Sucks buying :dung: on the internet, but the sides aren't rusting away from the fender wells and the cowl isn't rusted away.

There will be some changes as the "new" tub is an "older" (unknown year) tub. It did come with a different under dash vent to mate to the heater box, but the gas filler is also different... it's round. No room for the big rectangle plastic insert of the 1980 one from my tub... The roll bar won't mount in either, but I'm planing a custom cage, so that's no biggie.

The frame will be taking shape on the other side of the garage as the powertrain and suspension gets swapped out.

Today was tub off Tuesday...

sEKdhRS.jpg

xU8zTOB.jpg

7TcLzfk.jpg

Pisvc1K.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, didn’t happen with out pics tho lol

Today was tub off Tuesday...

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/e3oj5"><a href="//imgur.com/e3oj5"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL - Only thing better than Tub Off Tuesday is Tub Back On Saturday

Sent telepathically using Tapatalk

You didn't give me time to figure out the photo posting process...

You sure you'll be able to do this project in that tiny, cramped little garage???

Talk about feeling pangs of garage envy......

Sent from my "library" using Tapatalk

You work with what you have. I'm a fat old crippled retired Army vet, living on my VA disability, with Limited skills, working in a regular old 2 car garage... Give me a year or two and we'll see.

You work with what you have. I'm a fat old crippled retired Army vet, living on my VA disability, with Limited skills, working in a regular old 2 car garage... Give me a year or two and we'll see.

If I had your garage I wouldn’t know what to do with the unused space...... I have to move mine from side to side depending on what I’m doing...... between your garage and gert’s, I think I need a small “underbrush” fire in mine........

Also - Thank you for your service..... it’s greatly appreciated!

Sent telepathically using Tapatalk

Well, I guess I got one thing going for me... It does seem crowded in there. You don't see the stuff I moved out to the driveway so I could shift the Jeep around to get the tub off. It's nice to have a 2 car garage, but it's not nice to hear the wife complain about not getting any running cars in it... For the duration of the build the garage is dedicated to the Jeep. Sadly, once it's done, it will never be in there again unless it needs work. I hate working on the gravel driveway.

Well, I guess I got one thing going for me... It does seem crowded in there. You don't see the stuff I moved out to the driveway so I could shift the Jeep around to get the tub off. It's nice to have a 2 car garage, but it's not nice to hear the wife complain about not getting any running cars in it... For the duration of the build the garage is dedicated to the Jeep. Sadly, once it's done, it will never be in there again unless it needs work. I hate working on the gravel driveway.

Well a 2 car garage would be nice, with all that room, but here there is only a 1 car garage with nice size work bench and shelving, but it all belongs to the jeep, and all the other cars are either in the driveway or on the street. Even the little woman understands the priorities around here. :)

Engine came out today along with brake and fuel lines.

QeQjei0.jpg

Here you can see the old ventilated I-6 (#3 rod through block) on a couple car dollies, and behind it on the engine stand is the Mopar 360 that will go in Jeep when all is said and done.

SahKTxV.png

Engine came out today along with brake and fuel lines.

QeQjei0.jpg

Here you can see the old ventilated I-6 (#3 rod through block) on a couple car dollies, and behind it on the engine stand is the Mopar 360 that will go in Jeep when all is said and done.

SahKTxV.png
Wow, opened the pic on my phone and zoomed in just a little. ...that certainly is a whole in the block!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Transmission, and T-case is out...

efBW1xK.jpg

Brandy inspects my work...

vSWFuTf.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks