what axles are you runing & why

what axles are you runing & why
that explains why Selma won't return my calls.:dunno:
Speaking of land rovers, When I was at the PYP grave yard last weekend there was a land rover in the "cash for clunkers" area. I could not help but notice the rear axle, full float with disk brakes, God knows what kind of differential and coil seats of course. Hmmmm now thats interesting. I did a Google search on it when I got home and the first first post I find is about upgrading the axles. go figure.

but those were very good looking axles and I was quite taken by the disk brakes and this will require some more thought and discussion.

I know you have valad reason for the choice of all your components and the same goes for Horn , CJ, Brock, Kickin, and most every body. I do want to bring the point out to the newb's that they will not be laughed off the trail if they show up with an M20 or a flathead four, in fact I think you get extra cool jeep points for a flat head four. just do what you think you should do and don't do it because some hack in a magazine told you it would make you more atractive to the girl in the swim suit on the cover.

that explains why Selma won't return my calls.:dunno:
Speaking of land rovers, When I was at the PYP grave yard last weekend there was a land rover in the "cash for clunkers" area. I could not help but notice the rear axle, full float with disk brakes, God knows what kind of differential and coil seats of course. Hmmmm now thats interesting. I did a Google search on it when I got home and the first first post I find is about upgrading the axles. go figure.

but those were very good looking axles and I was quite taken by the disk brakes and this will require some more thought and discussion.

I know you have valad reason for the choice of all your components and the same goes for Horn , CJ, Brock, Kickin, and most every body. I do want to bring the point out to the newb's that they will not be laughed off the trail if they show up with an M20 or a flathead four, in fact I think you get extra cool jeep points for a flat head four. just do what you think you should do and don't do it because some hack in a magazine told you it would make you more atractive to the girl in the swim suit on the cover.
Hey I am proud of my old junk, and wheeling a flat head 4 would put you in a class to be admired.
Now doing rock trails in a Dana 30 ,Dana 44 combo gets you a lot of points also, when you do the trails without any breakage.
I have to agree with the additude about teh mags. Mags do not make money from subscriptions, but from Advertisers, they need to be able to excite you enough the advertisers want to spend money to be in the mag, and want to sell product from there. If they would talk about stock gear that much, they would lose advertisers, talking about huge upgrades get the bucks coming in. Unfortunatly most of the readers take it for gospel and think they need the hemi upgrade with D60 currie rock jock front and a rockwell rear. I see some serious overbuilt vehicles that never see the dirt also, but they look great showing off there articulation on curbs at the local burger joint.
I see a lot of rigs with way overbuilt

Hey I am proud of my old junk, and wheeling a flat head 4 would put you in a class to be admired.
Now doing rock trails in a Dana 30 ,Dana 44 combo gets you a lot of points also, when you do the trails without any breakage.
I have to agree with the additude about teh mags. Mags do not make money from subscriptions, but from Advertisers, they need to be able to excite you enough the advertisers want to spend money to be in the mag, and want to sell product from there. If they would talk about stock gear that much, they would lose advertisers, talking about huge upgrades get the bucks coming in. Unfortunatly most of the readers take it for gospel and think they need the hemi upgrade with D60 currie rock jock front and a rockwell rear. I see some serious overbuilt vehicles that never see the dirt also, but they look great showing off there articulation on curbs at the local burger joint.
I see a lot of rigs with way overbuilt

I saw a CoonAss in south LA. that towed his own articulation ramp with him, so he could show off his rig. When I saw him he was in the "Mr. Cooks" parking lot, showing off.;)

I saw a CoonAss in south LA. that towed his own articulation ramp with him, so he could show off his rig. When I saw him he was in the "Mr. Cooks" parking lot, showing off.;)

I can see this happening.:laugh:
I don't recall seeing a lot of rocks in south La. maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.:dunno:

I can see this happening.:laugh:
I don't recall seeing a lot of rocks in south La. maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.:dunno:

In Acadiana, they don't "Rock Crawl" they "Stump Jump"!:laugh:

That video is so bad
who is the idiot there? vehicle owner, diesel truck driver? Chain rigger?
I would blame the guy who did not have any frame mounts recovery points to hook to. But how did the owner get further talked into letting his buddies do it after they proved they had no clue and pulled his axle out of there?
then jerking against the tires that aree acting like plows in a violent fashion like that and telling the guy that the damage was already done. I think everyone there was drinking a bit to much, or had already killed every brain cell they had.

with the possibility of large metal objects flying through the air, I am a bit surprised there was not a "Darwin award" issued on this one.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom