What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
I have a Novak slave also. Let us know how the Luk is. I think mine is a YJ MC. Looks like yours. Probably same mfg.

Sure thing.

At the time of the drivetrain swap I did my homework to see what worked. Turns out the original MC works just fine.

Gave it a good detail, tomorrow is cruise day.

IMG_3234.jpeg

I think I’m on my 4th if I remember correctly. Rebuilt the original. Tried again but no luck. 2nd lasted quite a while. 3rd quite a while. Then I did the engine change. The 3rd froze up while the Jeep was down for 2 1/2 years . 4th doing ok. Someone said I should try a Wilwood.

Wilwood is top notch stuff and did check with them already. They won’t clear the limited space caused by my brake booster. I do have their front brake rotor kit, however. It’s downright great and it’s not cheap either.

IMG_2377.jpeg

I think I’m on my 4th if I remember correctly. Rebuilt the original. Tried again but no luck. 2nd lasted quite a while. 3rd quite a while. Then I did the engine change. The 3rd froze up while the Jeep was down for 2 1/2 years . 4th doing ok. Someone said I should try a Wilwood.
I looked in Wilwood’s site and turns out they do have a MC that fits and in three different bore sizes to select from. Guess what…

I looked in Wilwood’s site and turns out they do have a MC that fits and in three different bore sizes to select from. Guess what…
I’m all ears ?

I am getting it. A significant difference in price but I think it’s worth the investment and will end up with improved pedal leverage. $27 difference in price. Thanks for the tip. :)

I am getting it. A significant difference in price but I think it’s worth the investment and will end up with improved pedal leverage. $27 difference in price. Thanks for the tip. :)
My friend told me to get the GS Compact Integral MC 260-15097. Was about $80 a year ago..

I’ll be curious to see if there is improvement. Mine is a little stiff and all the action is close down to the floor.

That one would be the .700 bore, I went for the .750 with a .875 slave cyl bore. I expect a lightened pedal since the stock one still in the vehicle is .864. I have decent pedal performance as is. They say the master to slave displacement ratio should be 1:1 or at most 15% differential. Summit has them for about 78 bucks. I will post up the results after swapping.

Put new radiator hoses, new coolant, removed oil cooler and changed oil.

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

Got it done! My Wilwood clutch MC is installed. Fantastic lighter all aluminum smaller unit. You’ll be able to use an adjustable full swivel rod end without slop/play.

Tip of the day:

Why do you bleed hydraulic master cylinders on the bench and not on the vehicle? Because of the angle. Air is trapped up high making it impossible to fully bleed. I didn’t know the real reason for this until I read Wilwood’s detailed instructions. Dahh! Thought I’d share.

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

Nice. Actually my buddy and I have bled mine while it was on the vehicle at the top side. Glad it worked out. Going to have to get one in the future. Just so I remember what size slave did you have working with this ?

I got the .750 to replace an .864 bore MC. I have an .875 bore slave cyl. The rod end is sold separately and also you’ll need a 3/8 to 7/16 adapter fitting part number BLF23B or equivalent.

If you want clutch disengagement earlier in the pedal travel, match the MC and SC bore sizes.

Last edited:
Where did you end up getting all of it from ?

Summit

Pretty late this year but finally woke Vader up from the Winter slumber. No camping this weekend like we usually do since it always rains.

Typical Memorial Day weekend. Mother Nature rinsing the dust off.

0527241424_HDR.jpg

Speaking of camping though decided to add to the arsenal. We cook 90% of our food right over the campfire but grabbing this will give us more options. No wonder I got a trailer. Our camping gear seems to get more and more every year. 🤣

0527241716.jpg

My friend told me to get the GS Compact Integral MC 260-15097. Was about $80 a year ago..
Belizean, sir I cannot thank you enough 👌🏼 for the tip. My clutch pedal is as light as that of a Honda Civic. With minor push rod adjustments at both cylinders the clutch engagement is right back where it belongs. Oh yeah!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks