What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
Belizean, sir I cannot thank you enough 👌🏼 for the tip. My clutch pedal is as light as that of a Honda Civic. With minor push rod adjustments at both cylinders the clutch engagement is right back where it belongs. Oh yeah!
Glad to hear. Guess I need to do the same. Working other issues first before I get to that. You know, Jeep issues. :pissed:

41ea30d68fa354342f283fac7af05d00.jpg

ab159965050e600653894abb40b43303.jpg

We had an “apocalyptic storm” as the news put it Tuesday morning, lost power at work and at home so i cleaned some of the moab stuff out of the jeep and drove it to the tire store to het the tires balanced and a new valve stem installed, thankfully no tree limbs hit any of my vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yes that blue chevy pickup is one of my neighbors and its totaled now

And yes that blue chevy pickup is one of my neighbors and its totaled now

Chopped cab won’t work ? Or is the frame bent ?

Lol, im not sure if the frame is bent but it was an extended cab truck

As expensive as vehicles are now, that would really suck. I only have liability on my Jeep. It really is scary getting on the road with all the nuts out there. Big thing in the local news is so many making fake temporary paper license plates on their computers. So the vehicles are not registered, people with no license and no insurance either. $100 fine. Crazy

I carry full coverage on my Jeep

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

You can’t afford that here. Louisiana has the highest rates in the nation. Probably 10 years back I added up all the money I spent over the years and I was already up to 4 - 5 times what I paid for my Jeep. That was for the first 4 years with full coverage and I think like 26 - 30 years of liability. It would have just been ignorant and stupid to have full coverage that whole time for a small amount of payback. Maybe if the payback was $ 100,000 grand that might work. But we all know that that wouldn’t happen.

Well in this case it’s homeowner’s insurance.

No, no! As in a different matter applies, I think.

In gert’s case

Ok. I would hate to have to make a claim on my homeowners on a vehicle. Homeowners is skyrocketing around here because of all the claims in recent years with all the storms. They are looking for an excuse to drop people. The state has a last resort insurance for those that get dropped and can’t find any. It’s really high dollar stuff. I think things will come to a head in the next few years, insurance is getting close to the cost of a house payment or overtaking it.

Ya im pretty sure that tree falling down on top of your neighbors car would be covered under homeowners insurance

Yep. Me too. Cost to replace/rebuild or buy something else is too outrageous.
Me too through Hagerty. Dirt cheap but mines registered as antique.

Mine is a daily driver and just registered normal. So normal rates as well :(

For those with full coverage, do you know you how much you woud get if the unfortunate event happens…

Insurance providers are notorious for very disappointing news during this event. Maybe have it insured as a specialty vehicle.

For those with full coverage, do you know you how much you woud get if the unfortunate event happens…

Insurance providers are notorious for very disappointing news during this event. Maybe have it insured as a specialty vehicle.
I have mine set for $6000. Hagerty has no problem with me bumping it up to $8000 or a little more. Since there is alot more new parts that Ive paid for Im probably going to bump it up to $8000. I think thats a decent replacement cost for mine. At the current $6000 I pay $270 a year. 👍🏻 I dont think $8000 will put me over $310

There you go, Pete. You got a concrete agreement.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks