What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
Raised bump stops by about a half an inch to insure proper spring compression limit. I have to come up with another bump stop mount bracket for the flat on the pumpkin to keep the u-joint yokes from meeting up with the oil carter. Thal will happen later.

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3314.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

IMG_3316.jpeg

Drove home from Hot Springs ORV Park yesterday. Great Place. A first for me at Any of those. All the wheelers said it’s a great park. Amazing amount of trails. Picked up some road kill just after entering Louisiana out on a road in the Mississippi Delta area. Poor bird. Saw him low coming in from the passenger side and not fly by on the right come out or in the rear view mirror.

5C3B5EB5-7994-4C7B-A2FB-0623574C0162.jpeg

Drove home from Hot Springs ORV Park yesterday. Great Place. A first for me at Any of those. All the wheelers said it’s a great park. Amazing amount of trails. Picked up some road kill just after entering Louisiana out on a road in the Mississippi Delta area. Poor bird. Saw him low coming in from the passenger side and not fly by on the right come out or in the rear view mirror.

View attachment 101853

He wasnt fast enough to poop on you as you were going by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasnt fast enough to poop on you as you were going by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I knocked the snot out of him. He was inside the grill area, in the far lower passenger side between grill and radiator.

Not done today but in the last month, oil and grease service, valve cover gasket replacement. Doors and windows off for summer. Continued:cj7: smiles per mile.

Mine is in the shop. I don't have time to fix her as it's busy season at work. So I have a shop doing some diagnostics and repairs

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I gave the Jeep a very good cleaning today. A good wash this morning on the outside and engine bay. Then this afternoon in the garage with the ac cooling things I used a bucket with many refills and a small towel and wiped down most of the interior and seats to get the 4 days of Arkansas trail dust removed. Very dry and dusty there.

Wife and I took the CJ for a spin to collect a counter top, a wall cabinet and some cabinet skin material for the basement kitchen install.
Got some funny looks, understandably!IMG_7446.jpeg

I finally solved the squeaking coming from the rear at 20 mph +. I did a brake job months ago and didn’t install the handbrake components correctly. Grrr!

At least the parts weren’t scattered along the road.

Dude, tell me about it. Or end up with a locked up wheel in the worst case! LOL

I overcompensated the adjustments at the cable and at the self adjusting detent wheel.

Like most I've seen, years of operation had taken its toll on the soft OEM door metal where the door limit straps attach to my newly-acquired YJ half doors, so I knocked out the original nut/plug things and fashioned some patch panels out of 16-gauge scrap. (I made them bigger than I needed to counter the softness of the door steel.) After cutting and forming the patches, I used new loops for spacing and welded 1/4-20 nuts to the backside of them. I enlarged the existing door holes a bit for nut clearance, then welded them in. It's a lot beefier metal and uses 1/4" stainless steel fasteners instead of the little machine screws they had in there originally.

IMG_9110.JPEG IMG_9112.JPEG
IMG_9113.JPEG IMG_9116.JPEG
IMG_9114.JPEG IMG_9118.JPEG

IMG_9113.JPEG

Looks like a good solid fix. There probably isn’t a way to get some fender washers behind the skin.

What he did was probably the best fix. If it was a show Jeep I'd say it could have been flush welded and finished in plastic filler (Bondo) then painted. But nice work all the same

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Finally moved into the 21st century today phone charging capability wise. Started having problems when driving out to Moab back in April, blowing a couple of fuses and not being able to charge my phone and loosing a couple of gauges. Went from this to this. 4927A3DB-6C64-4849-B9CB-368C2FC38165.jpeg82AF768D-C333-4A9C-A040-ED227FF33100.jpeg

Don’t trash that cigarette lighter and socket if it’s CJ original.

Greased the front end and drive shafts and checked the Transfer Case and Transmission fluids. Also checked bolts on ujoints and front hubs. The Jeep definitely took some abuse up in Hot Springs ORV, but seems to be ready for the next adventure. This one won’t be as hard off road. More of a road distance type of trip. Heat abuse for Jeep and driver.

Don’t trash that cigarette lighter and socket if it’s CJ original.
Yeah I have all the OEM parts. As for the butt tray, it’s virgin, no butts have ever been laying around in there. Probably had some small parts originally hanging around in there so that they would not go missing. If anyone needs one or needs it for their frame off restoration let me know. E1FB98AB-4F46-4E41-B148-A295E23FA47D.jpeg

Put the YJ bar in. I don't like the look nearly as much, but kids appreciate the shade from the longer bikini top, and wife appreciates the rear shoulder belts.

IMG_20240527_102507732_HDR.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom