YJ windshield on your CJ write-up

YJ windshield on your CJ write-up
Some vendor’s websites have reviews with negative feedback relating to fitment issues like mounting bolt holes not lining up, and this is very discouraging. I would be more inclined to getting a unit in “blank” form where I do my own drilling and tapping. Novak sold me my engine mounts with no holes drilled. Anyway, I will shop around and post up my likely disappointment and fix.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
There was something online maybe 2 years ago that someone ( a company) that was working on making one like Classic but I never saw where it actually hit the market. Seems like that there is definitely a need just like the other body parts. Might just be to much money to get a good one. I’ve heard that the Repos out there are just to thin.

I know there was some guys on the CJ8 website working with a company called key parts to get things as accurate as possible. Windshield frames were the first. Heard good things but I haven't followed up in awhile.

I know there was some guys on the CJ8 website working with a company called key parts to get things as accurate as possible. Windshield frames were the first. Heard good things but I haven't followed up in awhile.
That was the name.

I know Key Parts makes pretty good stuff, but I don't think they make a windshield frame for a CJ7 or CJ8 .

Just a business like any other selling aftermarket merch. I will see what Willys Overland has to offer on Monday.

Just a business like any other selling aftermarket merch. I will see what Willys Overland has to offer on Monday.
Yes, it's one of the many businesses I found that sell Key Parts. I could not find the Key Parts MFG link.

W-O is overpriced + shipping, I don’t love my Jeep that much and it’s a Crown unit they sell. Omix it is for less than $200 + $10 shipping at Summit. I still need to spend on the glass install by local Safelite.

Plus an extra $300 to get new glass. :(

That’s seems like a lot of money for just the glass. But it’s been a few years since a private contractor came to the house and installed a windshield into my daughters Toyota.

I may be late to the discussion but I used Jeepglass.com on my ‘72 CJ5 . Windshield pre-mounted in frame, color matched perfectly, holes cut for wipers and motor. It mounted directly onto the original hardware. Great product.

I may be late to the discussion but I used Jeepglass.com on my ‘72 CJ5 . Windshield pre-mounted in frame, color matched perfectly, holes cut for wipers and motor. It mounted directly onto the original hardware. Great product.
Interesting... I had never heard of them. :chug:

Interesting... I had never heard of them. :chug:
I did a little searching and there was a serious complaint from over a decade ago about fitment and return. But if they are still in business they have probably figured that out I would think

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom