You guys are going to have to deal with me off and on all day long

You guys are going to have to deal with me off and on all day long
Is it running yet ??
Nope. I still have to attach all the bracketry, ps pump, alt, York compressor...all the small stuff. I spent the better part of last night just stabbing the tranny and bolting down the engine.

I picked up a couple forklift tanks yesterday...and Im really trying hard to restrain myself from just hooking up the Q-jet and gas just to have it running.
I've got a bit of work to do to get it swapped over to propane.

might wanna fire it off on gas, to make sure everything is ok before you spend a bunch of time and $$$ on propane.

I thought about that. And probably not a bad idea before I start experimenting with the propane

The money's already spent, i've got the complete settup...it would just be a bunch of time on my part at this point.

I worried that once I get it running, I wont want to mess with it ;)

My Q-jet runs absolutely flawless. Offroad it performs perfectly, best offroad carb I have ever seen (bowl design). I can run it on it's side or virtually straight up and down.

Small primaries are perfect for offroad idle conditions and provide good gas mileage. Huge secondaries for when you want to throw mud everywhere.

A good Qjet is worth it's weight in gold, a bad one is no better then a doorstop. They aren't that easy to rebuild, and if the throttle shaft area is worn on the body, you might as well throw it away. That's where most of the problems reside

I ran an Edelbrock and it was great on the stretch....offroad it was horrible (I didnt do any needle and seat upgrades) But it was easy to tune.

Quadra Bogs -(not my naming) are great when they work! As you stated, the small primaries are the bomb. You just have to adjust the secondary fuel rods to work wth you engine..

Quadra Bogs -(not my naming) are great when they work! As you stated, the small primaries are the bomb. You just have to adjust the secondary fuel rods to work wth you engine..

Precisely.
Honestly, I would not want to have to look for another good running Qjet...I dont think I would be as lucky. :(

My propane conversion is looking more and more favorable right now.

Updates ? Pictures ? Sound clips ?

Slacker..........:D

Lol. I will have it completely together this weekend and will hopefully test-run the propane system through a BBQ tank. If all goes well, I will start installing the forklift tank bracketry and run the lines.

As a side note, Im down to the small stuff...brackets, accessories, bolting the exhaust back up, and wiring the electrical stuff. Really not that much left to do, I just need a day off to do it :D

These 12-14 hour workdays are killing me. Making it tough to even want to go out to the shop, but my 4-day weekend starts Thursday.

Ok, so to avoid more nagging from fzsk4p :poke: I went out to the shop after I got off work last night and turned wrenches until 1am.

I got all the wiring put back together (except for the dizzy plugged in as I still need to prime the oiling system), got the starter back on, clutch bolted up, tranny bolted down to the x-member, and got all the pulleys and accessories mounted (York compressor, ps pump, alt, fan, brackets, and belts)

Then I built a plate to cover the fuel pump access on the timing cover (dont need it for the propane) :cool:

Then I couldnt stand to look at the wide open front any longer so I re-installed the front clip and hooked up the radiator hoses.

Got the winch mounted back up and had a little time to match up my propane mixer to the intake and check for fitment.

So today I need to run to the parts place and get a couple of exhaust gaskets, oil, filter, and antifreeze.

Looking for a decent place to mount up my propane regulator...this might take some imagination.

And then we'll fire this thing up.

If all goes well, I will yank my gas tank, fuel lines, charcoal canister, and mount my propane tank brackets in the bed of the Jeep.

sweet, it be cool to have a video of the first start up.

I'll see what I can do. My camera takes video but I will have to figure out how to download, where to download it to, and...well you get the picture, Im not real computer literate. :D

Good Deal Jim. :cool: :D :p

You seen these ?
Amazon.com: 4B's Bracket BU TH-112 Tank Holder: Industrial & Scientific

Safety Brackets

TB-3<br> TANK BRACKET KIT

Might be worthwhile or inspiring.

Figure out that camera so we can see you junk......Jeep junk that is :drool:

Wow...that's a great price on that first one :eek: Fortunately, I have 4 brackets (of that design) that came with my settup. But the rubber dampner part on the bands is inspiring. Wonder what I could use for that. I'll have to see what I can come up with. thanks for the links John

Shoot...I have photobucket. I didnt even know it hosted video clips. I'll have to take some time and figure that out. thanks man!

Wow...that's a great price on that first one :eek: Fortunately, I have 4 brackets (of that design) that came with my settup. But the rubber dampner part on the bands is inspiring. Wonder what I could use for that. I'll have to see what I can come up with. thanks for the links John

Shoot...I have photobucket. I didnt even know it hosted video clips. I'll have to take some time and figure that out. thanks man!

Jim,
what`s cool is on 4B`s site they have hoops in different diameters. So you could mount anything from a `Pane cylinder to a round pipe.

Though I have not gotten around to it yet. Going to get one to mount my Ragasco BBQ bottle I picked up last fall.
Ragasco Propane Tannks
http://www.ragasco.com/sitefiles/3004/Brochures/RAGASCO_generell_lowres.pdf
Inside the trailer......

Notice they also make tanks for Forklifts.......:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom