Build Thread 1966 CJ 6 build

Build Thread 1966 CJ 6 build
Got some paint on the inside of the hood.
enytybe4.jpg

And on the hitch and headlight housings.
upyjegyr.jpg

Primed the grill.
a3esyryj.jpg

Installed the stock heater.
atage9u7.jpg

Some before:
2abuvage.jpg

agetu9yh.jpg

utaba9uq.jpg

Got it all plumed.
a5yvyhud.jpg

So from this:
etyjuda4.jpg

To this:
ma3eqyge.jpg

Looks nice but makes the air cleaner look like it needs some love. :D

Oh yeah, it is looking pitiful at the moment isn't it.

It looks like you have your heaters plumbed in series. Mine had "Y's" in the feed/return lines to each core. I think I'll use your method when I put mine back together. I'm glad you posted that pic.

I thought about doing it that way but thought this was cleaner. Might not produce as much heat though.

The "Y" setup seemed to put out pretty descent heat (for a Jeep ;)) it was December in Minn. Temp in the teens with a drafty soft top and it got fairly warm in the cab. Maybe I'll end up trying both ways.

Got some paint on the grill, it's white again.
hy2e6uze.jpg

The reassembly continues. Putting the grill and all its parts back on, headlights, turn signals, and the like.

9upysa2e.jpg

ane6esyb.jpg

Then started the new Painless (ha, that's a laugh) wiring harness install. Standing on your head trying to feed the damn thing through a hole on the firewall way up under there is a Pain.

tysate5y.jpg

Thanks.

Man there are a lot of wires on that harness. I think mine had like a dozen total wires and now everything wires through the fuse block, which the old CJs don't have, so everything is double and then there are a lot of circuits I don't have. Like a dome light, no dome lights is this CJ.

I am not looking forward to that part of my rebuild!!! Keep it up and you will be done before you know it:chug:

I am not looking forward to that part of my rebuild!!! Keep it up and you will be done before you know it:chug:

This makes two of us. Keep at it and you will be wondering what you used to do with all the free time!

Looking great BTW...:popcorn::popcorn::chug:

More wiring this weekend and about 10ft of heat shrink. Got the tail light section heat shrink wrapped all the way to the back and routed down the frame.

Left fender back on and more of the headlight section of the harness wrapped.

And as sad as it is this is the heat gun I used.

dyqahypa.jpg

Made some hold downs with a conduit strap and some heat shrink.

he8yzuvy.jpg

a4e2une7.jpg

gy3u2uta.jpg

usyre9yg.jpg

Have not started the dash yet.
adysy5e9.jpg

More wiring this weekend and about 10ft of heat shrink. Got the tail light section heat shrink wrapped all the way to the back and routed down the frame.

Left fender back on and more of the headlight section of the harness wrapped.

And as sad as it is this is the heat gun I used.

Made some hold downs with a conduit strap and some heat shrink.

he8yzuvy.jpg

Have not started the dash yet.

i like your tie strap idea....never would of thought of that.

how big was the heat shrink tubing?

i like your tie strap idea....never would of thought of that.

how big was the heat shrink tubing?

Used the 1/2" on those, it was the 3/4"clamp. Use something to hold the metal though, it gets warm.

Got a little more of the engine section wired. Got the ballast resister installed and all the wires for the ignition heat shrinked and the routes to the passenger side. The old harness, if you could call it that got warm at some point laying on the engine so I am re-routing everything around the edges. The wires will come off the passenger side fender about where the back of the alternator is to minimize the heat issue.

I moved the ballast resister away from the bundle of wires too.

Then inserted a 70amp master fuse.

I do have one issue I will posts about when I get back to it but the install guide says to splice in a wire for the voltage regulator to the starter but I don't have one. I'll have to figure that one out.

uzypataz.jpg

huve7y8e.jpg

Troy...............sounds like that loom assumes you either have a Generator or and early Alternator with an external regulator.........

Troy...............sounds like that loom assumes you either have a Generator or and early Alternator with an external regulator.........

My regulator is external but only 3 wires. One is ground, one I think is called field, the other is on the post next to the output post but none go to the starter. I think that last one goes to the coil from that post but not looking at it at the moment.

:)I think there saying starter because that is where you would pick up the Hot lead from the Battery.........Just wire it back the way it was I think your alternator has a large 12 gage Red wire that goes to the battery now does it not?............because that loom is generic just disregard any of those extra wires that have no use in your system.

:D:D:D:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom