1975 CJ5 T18 Transmission

1975 CJ5 T18 Transmission

Wally892

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ5
Recently acquired a 75 CJ5 with 304 T18. I noticed I have a boot under clutch pedal and it looks where a clutch push rod may have been. Is this needed, I am having problems shifting when it is cold, but as it warms up it gets better. Any thoughts. Don't know if work has been done on the clutch, as I do know the tranny was changed at some point to the T18.

Not sure about the boot part, but my T19 is a bit slow when its cold. After a short bit the 80/90w warms up and things get much smoother

If you want better cold shifting you will need to go with a liter transmission oil.

Does your CJ have a mechanical or hydraulic clutch? A mechanical clutch does have a rod going through the firewall to the bell crank.

Recently acquired a 75 CJ5 with 304 T18. I noticed I have a boot under clutch pedal and it looks where a clutch push rod may have been. Is this needed, I am having problems shifting when it is cold, but as it warms up it gets better. Any thoughts. Don't know if work has been done on the clutch, as I do know the tranny was changed at some point to the T18.

Probably left over from the mechanical clutch linkage from the factory for that year application.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom