Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread

Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread
I will do one on OX locker installation
Cj why dont you go ahead and put a locker in while its down that far

I will do one on OX locker installation
Cj why dont you go ahead and put a locker in while its down that far
LOL - Thanks FF! I bet your pretty good at it now! :laugh:

As for the question, it already has a Detroit locker in it. It was just the ring gear that is fubar...

well the OX lockers arent that bad but if you order the Dana 30 kit It does not come with the bearings or a shim kit

We had to re order a ring and pinion for the rear since the other pinion was bent (never tried to spin it before i took the old one out)

front is done waiting on him to paint it before I put the axels back in and button everything up

Grr! I had to pull the front cover off of my Dana 20 because I didn't like the way the linkage movement after the rebuild... It tore the front gasket! Now I have to replace it and set the backlash again for the output shaft!!! Grrr!!!:bang:

How bout you just quit screwing around, and built the damn jeep already! :p

Judging by the last post, looks like susie is not getting her b-day dance!:p

1) Bite me... :laugh:

2) See #1!!! :laugh:

Why,,,I'm completely hurt by that harsh response! Just damaged to my very core...:(

We need one of those "flip off" smileys.:D

LOL - Lighten up Francis! :chug:

I knew this was going to happen... All the stuff that has been on back order is starting to roll in. Man do I have allot of work in front of me! No jumping from project to project anymore. I'm only going after the rear diff for the next few days. The new ring and pinion came in today also! Lots of work! Bad thing is, I didn't realize I was going to have to turn down the rear axle flanges for the rear disks! :dung:

ssbc.jpg

Found out a little tid bit they don't tell you about the rear brake install on the SSBC web site! The rear axle flanges can't be any bigger then 6.6" or the rotor will not fit, I'm getting ready to turn the axle flanges down in a few minutes.

Did I mention that my work is closed today... :)

Found out a little tid bit they don't tell you about the rear brake install on the SSBC web site! The rear axle flanges can't be any bigger then 6.6" or the rotor will not fit, I'm getting ready to turn the axle flanges down in a few minutes.

Did I mention that my work is closed today... :)

You must work for one of the BIG COMPANYS!! 90% of our vendors also have the day off. I guess it is just us little guys that keep the rest of America going.:)
Have a cold one for the little guy! Enjoy your day off.

Just finished blasting the rear 44. I was just going to paint over the old paint but since I have to change out the ring and pinion any way I decided to strip it all the way down to bare metal.

blasted_44.jpg

Here are the turned down axles for the rear disk brake setup.

turned_axle.jpg

And for those of you who are curious of if I exist or not... I took a self portrait just to prove my existence! :laugh:

attachment.php

I love sand blasted jeep stuf. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :D

I hate to break that warm fuzzy feeling but the Dana 44 is now painted with the rust encapsulation paint. In 8 hours I can put on the chassis satin paint and then I'm ready to assemble (as soon as my axle bearings come in). You can also see one of the painted axles just beyound the hoist on the right...

rear_diff_painted_1st_coat.jpg

For those of you who have used a rust paint like Por15, is the stuff as thick as the Eastwood paint? Kinda like a slightly thinned pudding? Interesting stuff!

And now back to the stupid Dana 20 that I forgot to put the detent ball in... DOH!!!

damn_detent_ball.jpg

Damn that pretty. Kind of a shame to hide it under a jeep..........maybe you should cut a big hole in the new body and install a plexy floor?

LOL - Sure... That's exactly what I'll do! :laugh:

It's only pretty until I hit the first mud hole! Then after that - who knows! About the only thing I can guarantee is that the bolts will stay rust free - they're stainless... :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom