Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread

Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread
Since I'm still waiting on rear axle parts I started to clean the front diff. I'm not in the mood to sand blast the front diff so I went a nd picked up an electric pressure washer - a 2000 PSI jobber... It works pretty good for what I wanted it for.

I cleaned the front Dana 30 and tomorrow I'll hit it with abrasive pads and try and get a coat of rust encapsulation paint on it.

attachment.php

Can anyone tell where I cleaned the diff at? :laugh:

attachment.php

I figured you were like the rest of us real men and did most of your rebuild in the kitchen :laugh:

Made good progress this weekend. Started the mock-up for the rear. Working on figuring out where to weld on the shock mounts for the Dana 44 U-Bolt flip kit.

rear_mock_up.jpg

I decided to stop when for the 2nd time I pinched my palm between the spring plate and the U-Bolt. Two blood blisters in one day is enough for me!

I decided not to put the chassis paint on the diff until I weld the new shock mounts on.

Check out www.windrockoffroad.com I order from them, if it's not on the site just email and ask, they are cheaper on almost everything, and I've never had an issue with them. Plus they are located in: Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Stupid fast shipping, BTW. I used to order from them when I lived in San Diego, CA.

Man, painting in that dirty garage. Maybe if you tipped the lawn guys a few beers, they would have blown the dirt out of the garage!:D

Man, painting in that dirty garage. Maybe if you tipped the lawn guys a few beers, they would have blown the dirt out of the garage!:D
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now where did I put that ban button? :eek:

Don't listen to him. The dirt just give texture to to the paint!:laugh:

WTF??.......you're fired!

Sure looks pretty. How much horsepower are you putting to those revolvers? How are they working out for you?

WTF??.......you're fired!

It wasn't me! It was my helper! I swear!

Sure looks pretty. How much horsepower are you putting to those revolvers? How are they working out for you?
HP? Don't have the faintest idea. I guess some where around 350 or whatever a good running 390 puts out. I had revolvers on it before I tore it down for a while and never had a problem with strength.

The problem I had was the shocks and drive shafts were too damn short and I had to run limiting straps. This time I'm ordering the correct length shocks and having new shafts made so I can see how well they work.

Since I don't plan on being stupid in my CJ up this time (I want to build another one for that), I'm hoping they don't cause problems... :)

[FONT=&quot]I've heard good & bad, but have no experience myself.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've heard good & bad, but have no experience myself.
[/FONT]
I heard bad things too, but it was always about a 'friend' who had them that had problems. I didn't read allot of posts where the actual owner had problems...

I bought them last year and used them for a while and they didn't kill me or give me issues, so hopefully with a real install I can give a better review!

Well see! :)

A relic of those "O" so wonderful sixties.:D

It's a shorter stroke, rectangle port version of a AMC 401 V8. Both have forged steel crankshaft & rods. The Hurst AMX S/S and S/C Rambler both ran the 390 V8.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom