Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread

Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread
The master rebuild kit I purchased from Novak and the replacement gear I needed came from 4wd. I started on the article last night. I hope to be done in a few days with it.

I have uploaded about half of the pictures to my gallery so far... http://www.jeep-cj.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=21

Grr! :mad: Look what was in the box that was supposed to contain the complete rear bearing kit for the Dana 44 ! Just a pair of races - no bearings, seals, plates or sleeves! Damn it! One more :censored: thing I have to wait on again!

attachment.php

I have been waiting on time. Wow, I always seem to be waiting on that. Never have enough!:(

Time is definitely a commodity we can all use more of! I usually spend a few hour a night working on my CJ.

I believe I finished up setting in the new ring and pinion last night. It was late when I finished so I'll check my work today when I get home and button everything back up!

The 20 is an easy rebuild... So easy a caveman could do it! :D

DAMNIT - DAMNIT - DAMNIT!!!

My supposed replacement Dana 44 axle bearing kit(s) came today for the ones that they just sent races for last time. Low and behold they only sent ONE!!!

Wait until I get on the phone tomorrow! I will never order from Quadratec again! From now on it's Morris or 4wd only! Considering I'm rebuilding a CJ from the ground up they have now just lost a :dung: load of money...

Now I have to wait again to put my Dana 44 together! Arggg!!!

attachment.php

CHRIST...you're like a damn Albatross! Just a big bird of doom!:D

It's freekin' ridiculous, isn't it. I mean - what the hell am I going to do with ONE bearing kit? I ordered TWO of them... Jeez! I'm pretty damn pissed right now. If they don't overnight me one tomorrow I'll loose it!

I am sorry but exactly who did you order this from and did they speak english? Seems like you have had bad luck with these people

Say that again i couldn't hear you!

I would have been SCREAMING!

The 20 is an easy rebuild... So easy a caveman could do it! :D

DAMNIT - DAMNIT - DAMNIT!!!

My supposed replacement Dana 44 axle bearing kit(s) came today for the ones that they just sent races for last time. Low and behold they only sent ONE!!!

Wait until I get on the phone tomorrow! I will never order from Quadratec again! From now on it's Morris or 4wd only! Considering I'm rebuilding a CJ from the ground up they have now just lost a :dung: load of money...

Now I have to wait again to put my Dana 44 together! Arggg!!!

attachment.php

I gave up on Quadratec years ago. First they sent me the wrong pushrods, then the wrong rockers, then I asked the kid if he had ever rebuilt a motor and knew what the parts were so he could go check to see if they were the right ones and then he sighed heavy and said, "sir, I don't need to know how to rebuild a motor, the computer tells me everything I need to know". Click, I hung up and never called back. I only order now from 4wd.com They even still have an affiilate program. I think that is where Q-tec fell down. They stopped paying people to refer business to them because they had gottem so big so fast, I don't think they saw the downturn in the economy coming.

Anyway, after shipping nightmares and having to wait and wait, I gave up. I really like their extremely fast shipping, but what good is fast shipping if you get the wrong parts?

Craig

Exactly - fast shipping does no good if you have to wait for all the parts. This is now going on two weeks to get something that should have been three days.

I still use them for generic parts, motor mounts, bushings, odds and ends and such, because they usually have what I need, and It's here in one day. If I need bigger stuff, I go to 4WD Hdw. I built 90% of my 7 from their catalog, and their great people to work with. As far as hard parts, I have a nearly endless number of places within a 20 minute drive of my home that can readily supply whatever I need, so I never order things like bearings or seals. I usually only order on line If I want to save a few bucks, and am in no hurry, otherwise, I just go buy it in person.

Does anyone still use the bolt lock plates on their hubs anymore? The last two Jeeps I worked on didn't have any of them. I'm about out of my stash and need some more. Does anyone have a part number and a supplier? I'll admit it... I'm too tired to try and find them. Help a Brother out! :D

I'm considering changing over to studs and loctite but I would rather not... I could always use high collar lock washers or the marine type plates but I always liked to old original ones. :)

Well, since all my trusted Jeep friends couldn't find the locking tabs I was looking for I picked up a bunch of 3/8x16 studs today. :laugh:

The studs are a better way of holding the hubs any way and this way I won't have to screw around with those little buggers any more...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom