Help..Lost Oil Pressure...

Help..Lost Oil Pressure...

86 CJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Well after a weekend of happy plowing and putting the first 110 miles on the Jeep in 3 years after its partial restore project, I went to spray all the salt off of the engine, frame and everything and noticed that I had 0 OIL Pressure on my mechanical guage :( recently when I got it back on the road a couple weeks ago it has always been sitting around 40, then I noticed when plowing its been at 20 most of the time, which is fine. Yesterday I went out and hit some driveways and it was 10. today I am at 0 with a full pan of oil :(( I will check the guage at the block first, then maybe oil filter. I have had one clog before.
Anyone other suggestions from you Jeep guys before I have to take the whole pan off to get to the sending unit :(((
??????

Pan off? to get to the sending unit??:wtf:

What your saying about the gauge at the block is your sending unit. Use another gauge if you have one readily available. Replacing the filter is also a good idea especially if its a Fram. If none of those yield higher oil pressure then drop the pan and check see if the pick up screen is blocked.

A flat 0 on your oil press will net you a roasted engine in nothing flat. Unless you're hearing some pretty gnarly and unhappy noises from under the hood, and some hight water temps, I would highly suspect a bad guage.

I broke a push rod once - the lifter popped right out of the galley and made my oil pressure reading go to zero. What engine and is it running smoothly?

I'ld bet on a plugged up sending unit if it is electrical.
Replace it with and underdash mechanical gauge.

Or you could mount it in the dash if you cut out a hole the right size for the gauge.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom