Who owns what year?

Who owns what year?
85cj7. AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l automatic. going to replace it with a 350chev and 4sp with adapter to the 300 transferr.

going to sell the parts from the radiator to the transferr complete if anyone is interested. runs good, no knocks. Has low oil pressure after warming and needs a valve job as it smokes a bit after idling. Other than that it runs perfect down the road.

I have recently acquired a 1980 CJ5 . PO is a dear friend of mine who has owned it for the last 20years. VERY stock, original everything. I am contemplating which way to go with it. Only need to figure out some minor signal light issues to get it street legal again.

I have been looking over some other posts and blogs about rebuilds and that looks pretty intimidating to tackle.......

1980 CJ5 . GM 151 " Iron Duke.

Done so far:

-Replaced engine with used.
-Weber carb. conversion w/fuel press. reg.
-Rebuilt Ford SR4 Transmission . Bad 2nd gear sychro. One uses 2nd. gear a lot on this rig.
-New clutch.
-New chassis spring bushings. Eye and shackle.
-Repaired wiring behind dash. All lights work!
-New/used coolant recovery and washer bottles. They were missing.
-Repainted dash.
-New ignition switch and turn signal switch.
-New/Used tail lights and front turn signal lamps.
-New glove box liner.

To do:

-Install Rugged Ridge steering box brace.
-Re-install ancient Warn (original) winch? Not sure on that one. It completely blocks the front turn signals.
-Paint. Going to do a Rust Oleum job.

Other than that, I'm just about good to go.

Let me give a "hat's off" to Oconee Offroad. Out of Ga., a great ebay'r. Super fast shipping and great prices. Friendly folks.

1967 CJ5 V6 225 Dauntless Buick 225 V6 runs, but no brakes.

1959 CJ5 F-134 (torn down to a rolling frame) Has a full Kelly hard cab.

1954 CJ3b F-134 very rusty, but runs, has a Koenig 555 Half Cab

My first CJ was a 79 CJ7 I got in 79, when I finished college....:D I wish I still owned that one.

80 CJ5 stock AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l , T-176 , basically stock, with ugly blue paint.

Dad's: CJ2 running rear, 5:38 gears, welded rear spiders, ford 300 ci 6 cyl, jahns 10.5:1 pistons, lunati cam, 3 dueces on 3 custom intakes, custom headers, forced air induction, fiberglass model T body, beer keg fuel tank

1983 CJ7 , po stored the past 25 yrs , original metal , floors , no rust , a true rare find.​

Attachments

• 2012_1022jeep0008.jpg
    2012_1022jeep0008.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 115

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom