Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7

Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7
After looking over alot of these build threads and digging around for information its time to stop covering booger welds and holes with diamond plate. Heck, its time to stop messing with that pieced together tub at all.

Yjtub4.jpg

This is the "new" tub that I'll be swapping on. Usually a solid tub that doesnt need repair goes for around $800-$900 in this area. Mine isnt one of those. :)

Yjtub3.jpg

The rear section of the tub is in great shape. There is one small ding right at the bottom of the driver side rear corner. Thats it. The rest of the tub is nice and straight.

Yjtub2.jpg

The main problem area is the front floorpans themselves. I'll be trying these floor pans out on the Yj tub.
1976-96 Jeep CJ7 CJ8 & YJ Wrangler Front Floor Pan Pair NEW | eBay

Yjtub1.jpg

The other problem area is the rockers. This area didnt bother me much either. I dont care for rock sliders in this area. Im spending good money to keep the center of gravity low and dont need extras hindering my clearance. Thats why Im going with these:

Dave's Customs Unlimited: Boat side rocker panels

Cost for my tub was $200. Boatsides $300. Floorpans $50. That will leave me enough money for a little more sheetmetal to repair the hole in the passenger side floor under the seat. You dont see it? I didnt put it there yet. :) Its the only way to do this mod that I'll be happy to make as well:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sPzdDQ&usg=AFQjCNGnz9JuYH7K9YnVGGnWX6Jpwcazhw

looks like some quality parts there Pete. I take it the money tree is in full bloom this year.:cool:

Very nice! Good find. I'll be looking into one of these very soon as well.

looks like some quality parts there Pete. I take it the money tree is in full bloom this year.:cool:

I think I have a really solid plan. Ive spent quite awhile going back and forth between 2 Jeeps. Thats been my biggest downfall. I decided to sell the Scrambler and keep focus on what I want out of the CJ7 .

The majority of my plans are based of me selling the Scrambler. 90% of that money gets thrown at the CJ7 . I still want to get the biggest bang out of my buck that I can , hopefully I'll have more bucks! :)

Very nice! Good find. I'll be looking into one of these very soon as well.

Im going to try and make a detailed Yj tub swap out of this project. Hopefully it will help you when the time comes. :)

Thank you!

Sent from Tapatalk on a small phone, forgive the misspelling.

Man Pete your such a tease!!

the suspense is incredible!!

I hope it lasts.:D

Stumbled upon another good deal today. Picking it up Monday. Pics to come. :)

Well here it is. Originally he told me he had the bars going to the windshield as well. When I got there he didnt. It did make it a better deal though since it was only $15 for a pretty clean roll bar. I have to talk with my brother and see if he'll weld me up a front cage off of it instead. :cool:

Rollbar.jpg

I needed this style for the top I want to run in the Summer. I want to run this in the back ( to keep the dog in ) with some 1/2 doors and a bikini top.

smittybilt_cres_jeep_cargo_net.jpg

You are one lucky Dude...I never find deals like that. :notworthy:

Good find!

Sent from Tapatalk on a small phone, forgive the misspelling.

This one was on my local Jeep club board. Someone lost interest in a Yj project and sold most of it. The last post he put up was that he was going to scrap the rest if there was no interest.

The sad part was I stopped at a junkyard on the way back to see if I could grab the bars that go to the windshield. $20 a piece. :rolleyes:
Is that another CL find?

Ive seen them but I wasnt thinking that far ahead. Your gonna have to let me know what you think of it. :)
That's a steal man. I been looking for a sport bar like that myself, except I want the bowless soft top. Good find man.

Droooiiddd 2

I was looking and I don't reckon they make em for the yj, but my wife has one on her tj and we both love it that's why I was wanting one. Oh yeah I forgot make mention of it but we got a new jeep in the family, wife traded off her grand for a 04 Rubicon. I'll have to post pics of it sitting beside mine. We now have his/hers jeeps. Goin wheelin together when I get the axles back in mine.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh thats awesome. Congrats on your um..err Her new Jeep. :) I was reading somewhere where they were putting Tj soft tops on Cjs. I'll have to find it. That was with the traditional hardware and some mods to the windshield. The rear portion of that top should just use the sport bar as the frame. Im thinkin it may work. :cool:

I was looking and I don't reckon they make em for the yj, but my wife has one on her tj and we both love it that's why I was wanting one. Oh yeah I forgot make mention of it but we got a new jeep in the family, wife traded off her grand for a 04 Rubicon. I'll have to post pics of it sitting beside mine. We now have his/hers jeeps. Goin wheelin together when I get the axles back in mine.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh thats awesome. Congrats on your um..err Her new Jeep. :) I was reading somewhere where they were putting Tj soft tops on Cjs. I'll have to find it. That was with the traditional hardware and some mods to the windshield. The rear portion of that top should just use the sport bar as the frame. Im thinkin it may work. :cool:

Sounds interesting. Looks like there is a Google search is in my future. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom