Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7

Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7
These things always come up when the little bit of cash I have is earmarked for something else. I wish I could use our Presidents thinking and charge my grandkids for it. :rolleyes:

:laugh: You got that right, sounds like my cash flow.
I kinda do think like the pres. it's called, spend the inheritance before the money is worthless.:D

Well after months of waiting for money to fall in my lap I give up. There isnt much sense in having 2 Jeeps sit any longer. A guy who wanted my Scrambler back in fall but didnt have quite enough cash has contacted me about it again. It'll take a couple weeks but Im optimistic that I have her sold for my asking price. It's bittersweet selling it but it will fund a good portion of what I want to do to the CJ7 .

Meanwhile Ive pulled the CJ7 back in the garage to get started on some little things. I came across these seats with a sign on them that said "Free". I had just that much on me so I grabbed them. :D Their a little wider than the stock seats but I think I can make them work.

Seat3.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Seat1.jpg

I'll lose my center console and take off the outer armrest. Then I'll work on fabbing some mounts for the risers and see where I end up. After that its time to say goodbye to all the yellow. I have a solid well thought out plan ( I think :) ) for the Scrambler money. For now I'll post on this thread. But since I'll be throwing a good chunk of change at it , I'll start a new thread since it will no longer be a "Salvage budget". I think I have around $2000 or so in it now. The new thread will cover about $4500 added to it. :D

:popcorn: sweet cant wait to see what you have planned.

Thanx. I lean toward the rock crawling side more. Paragon Adventure Park was a really great place before it was closed. :( We still have Rausch Creek here thankfully, but from the small amount Ive seen of their place its not as rocky. Tight ,twisty and dirty is plenty fun though as well.

Im not ready to unviel the plan before the cash is in hand but itll be a total makeover to say the least. It wont be hard to list the parts left from the original thats for sure. :cool:

:popcorn: sweet cant wait to see what you have planned.

Im not ready to unviel the plan before the cash is in hand but itll be a total makeover to say the least. It wont be hard to list the parts left from the original thats for sure. :cool:

You big freaking tease :p

I lost 20 lbs. I prefer to be called "semi sorta not so small " now. Political correctness now , remember? :laugh:
You big freaking tease :p

I lost 20 lbs. I prefer to be called "semi sorta not so small " now. Political correctness now , remember? :laugh:

20 LBS! Holy :dung: that's awesome Pete! But, uh, yeah, as for the pc :dung: anim_22.png

This is such a great thread. Thanks for your insight. I might contacting you quite a bit when I fixing up my 85 CJ7 .

I like the looks of those tj flares. I might have to copy you with that. lol.

Sent from Tapatalk on a small phone, forgive the misspelling.

Thanks , Im blushing. By no means did I "invent" the Tj flare mod but it does work pretty nice to open up the Cjs narrow wheelwells. Copy away. :D

Feel free to pm me whenever needed. If I cant help you personally I can find you someone who can. Look for the next thread on this Jeep as well. Im going to try and keep even better detail and Im even gonna throw some money at it this time. :laugh:

This is such a great thread. Thanks for your insight. I might contacting you quite a bit when I fixing up my 85 CJ7 .

I like the looks of those tj flares. I might have to copy you with that. lol.

Thanks , Im blushing. By no means did I "invent" the Tj flare mod but it does work pretty nice to open up the Cjs narrow wheelwells. Copy away. :D

Feel free to pm me whenever needed. If I cant help you personally I can find you someone who can. Look for the next thread on this Jeep as well. Im going to try and keep even better detail and Im even gonna throw some money at it this time. :laugh:

Don't throw too much money at it, remember the title of this thread. Salvage CJ7 !! you were doing an killer job of scrounging parts for this project, I hope you can keep it up.:cool:

Dont worry I'll still be trying to get the absolute most bang for my buck. :D
Don't throw too much money at it, remember the title of this thread. Salvage CJ7 !! you were doing an killer job of scrounging parts for this project, I hope you can keep it up.:cool:

This is what I'm gonna do with my CJ. Get everything for as cheap as possible. CL is my best friend. lol

You can find a ton of great deals there if your patient. There are some areas of regret that I will share since theres interest right now.

The All terrain tires I bought? Possibly the worst purchase Ive ever made. From an off road standpoint definately the worst. $100 or $AMC 150 they were. I highly doubt you can get a good set of 33s for less than $400 used.

Going all the way back to the beginning of this thread. I was a bit foolish for looking at the Jeep in the dark with a fever in the winter to begin with. Then never paying attention after the fact didnt help. Frame repair will be in the next installment. :rolleyes:

Those would be the two do-overs for me. That said , Ive bonded with this Cj. I always wanted the Scrambler but this one has an emotional attachment. The way it should be. :)
This is what I'm gonna do with my CJ. Get everything for as cheap as possible. CL is my best friend. lol

I sold the spare engine and the automatic Transmission I had laying around today. I will be using that small amount of cash for perhaps my most impressive scrounging yet. I pick up this deal next weekend. Stay tuned!! :D

Woot! Can't wait to see what to have.

Bump for more build stuff! lol

After reading your build thread I think your gonna enjoy what I pick up Sunday. I should have some pics up in the afternoon. Could be helpful to you when I get started. :)
Bump for more build stuff! lol

Sweet. I can't wait!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom