Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7

Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7
You'll have to take in account how old the threads are. Some say it wont work due to the bows of a Tj soft top not fitting the tub correctly.

I think the Rampage top will eliminate this. Im just not sure about the need for door surrounds and such. The Cj windshield frame can be modded with some cutting and bracing for the latches.

If you get into it and find some good info let us know. :chug:

Sounds interesting. Looks like there is a Google search is in my future. :D

Yeah you need doors surrounds, and you would have to have the sport cage, because the top fit very tight around it. The top is awesome but I don't know if you could make that top work because their are no bows to adjust to make it tighter

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I think you should paint it silver.

I think you should paint it silver.

I always liked this combo but if I did something like it Im afraid it be to purdy to beat on. :D

silver_20mist_20_82_202.jpg

I like that color combo.:)

I like that color combo.:)

O ya that would be sweet

Now you guys have me thinking. I have a guy who'll spray it for me after
I do the grunt work. I could get the Durabak in the light gray and do the interior and underside. Then have the Silver Mist sprayed over it.

But then I thought about the graphics wich to me definately have to go with that color. There lies the problem. I dont think theyd work with the boatsides. And even if they would blend in onto the boatsides Id cry if I scraped them considering what those decals go for.

Another update. The Scrambler didnt sell. It was one of the most pleasant interactions Ive had internet / telephone wise over a few weeks though. The perspective buyer was great , things just didnt fall right and she's still mine. That paint scheme would look great on it if work picks up and someone hires Vicki at some point. :wtf:

Ive been selling off parts I have laying around though and am getting closer to having everything for the tub. I'll probably start the tear down this weekend. :chug:

Pete, must of missed it - what are you asking for the Scrambler? May have a link to an interested party... :)

I need to get $4500 out of it to make it worthwile. Wont let it go for anything less. :)
Pete, must of missed it - what are you asking for the Scrambler? May have a link to an interested party... :)

Have you ever seen a whole jeep covered in bedliner, imo it don't look good plus it adds a lot of weight. Just something to think about. Id go look for somebody that's done it, before you decide to go that route pete.

I had an 88 XJ done inside and out with Red Herculiner. It was terrible to keep any sort of clean but I never worried about scratches. :) It kinda sucked to work on as well because it would scratch you 1st. :D Thats why I was looking at the Durabak with a smooth finish. I'll put it inside first and see what its like.
Have you ever seen a whole jeep covered in bedliner, imo it don't look good plus it adds a lot of weight. Just something to think about. Id go look for somebody that's done it, before you decide to go that route pete.

Well here it is. Originally he told me he had the bars going to the windshield as well. When I got there he didnt. It did make it a better deal though since it was only $15 for a pretty clean roll bar. I have to talk with my brother and see if he'll weld me up a front cage off of it instead. :cool:

Rollbar.jpg

I needed this style for the top I want to run in the Summer. I want to run this in the back ( to keep the dog in ) with some 1/2 doors and a bikini top.

smittybilt_cres_jeep_cargo_net.jpg
Hey Pete have you bought the net top yet ?

No I wont get that for awhile yet. Not till after the tub swap. It was just part of my overall plan.

Hey Pete have you bought the net top yet ?

If a tj one will fit I've got a deal for ya. PM me if your interested.

I had an 88 XJ done inside and out with Red Herculiner. It was terrible to keep any sort of clean but I never worried about scratches. :) It kinda sucked to work on as well because it would scratch you 1st. :D Thats why I was looking at the Durabak with a smooth finish. I'll put it inside first and see what its like.

So durabak is smooth, that would probably look ok. That chunky stuff in herculiner looks weird to me, being all over the Jeep.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom