Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7

Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7
Thanx Greg. I really look forward to getting back to work on it this winter.

With all the added parts and tools now the garage was a total mess. Time for a total redo. 2 days later everything was cleaned up and rearranged.

aaaa.jpg

garageredo.jpg

lookin much better pete
Got the Scrambler in today and still have a pretty good amount of room. Believe it or not I may do some painting in there before I start crackin nuts and bolts. On a different note Im sending you a pm. :)

I knew I said something about "painting" on this site somewhere. :D I always hated how the last idiots left my garage. It reminded me of a trip to Philly every time I worked down there. :rolleyes: Had to get rid of the graffiti

garage1.jpg

garage2.jpg

garageredo.jpg

garage3.jpg

Much more better!!:D

:D Thanx Guys. After being here for a year I think Ive found the problem areas. I still have to fix a leak in the roof and a few others spread out around the garage. Trying to get everything fixed up for the winter cause I plan on spending quite a bit of time in there. :chug:

I used this last year and it wasnt too bad.

axle5.jpg

The whole drivetrain for it is going to be in the basement where its a bit warmer as well. Im actually planning things ahead of time for once. ;)

How fast do you kill a 20lb tank using that set-up? I was looking at one for my garage this winter too, it has to be cheaper and warmer than the electric space heaters I use.

I always fired it up an hour or so before I headed down to the garage. On real cold days I wore a t-shirt and sweatshirt some thermals and sweatpants. My garage is pretty leaky cold air wise. It makes it more than bearable but you have to know where your going to be working cause you cant just set it up anywhere. It needs a good 5 ft halo around it.

IIRC it was like 1/2 lb per hour it burned , but I didnt have it cranked up all the way at times either. I had some old fashioned electic heaters before it and it way outperforms them. If you plan to spend a good chunk of time in the garage Id bet ongoing thru 2-3 tanks.

Look'n good Pete, when you comm'n over to clean mine. :D

Look'n good Pete, when you comm'n over to clean mine. :D

Oh I'll come over and clean out your garage for sure. You'll never recognize it. You wont believe the amount of space you'll have after Im done. :laugh:

Wanna come do mine now?? I need to offload 3 more trailers, and there isn't room to walk in there right now....

Hmmm 3 trailers of Jeep parts?? It would probably be worth the trip. :D
Wanna come do mine now?? I need to offload 3 more trailers, and there isn't room to walk in there right now....

Out in the rain begging to get in the garage. :( Gettin closer to pulling the Scrambler out.

Waitingyourturn.jpg

It looks like it's saying "let's go trail riding" to me.

It may be saying just that. ;) Its not a huge step to take it out. Frame patch , radiator , battery, tires ... To get her performing the way Id like , thats another story.

Once I have the Scrambler roadworthy again those things will be addressed. A large part of the mods I have in line will be put together outside the Jeep causing minimal downtime.

If I can just stay away from things like this:

1982 Scrambler PA - Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Forums

and this;
85 Scrambler project - Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Forums

Not to mention this:
CJ-8 Scrambler project / parts Jeep in AL SOLD - Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Forums

These things always come up when the little bit of cash I have is earmarked for something else. I wish I could use our Presidents thinking and charge my grandkids for it. :rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom