Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7

Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7
Petescj is happy to say there will be an infusion of life into this build. It looks like funds will soon be available. :cool:

Hopefully I look a little slimmer in the pic loading it up for you. :) And stop calling me when Im trying to pad my post count. It takes alot of work to catch up to Mr. 7 thousand something :laugh:

I'm the new owner of a Scrambler...

Cj-8withfatguy.jpg

Can't wait to drive it to work!:)

What guy?

attachment.php

I'm the new owner of a Scrambler...

Cj-8withfatguy.jpg

Can't wait to drive it to work!:)

That's awesome 2thumbsup.png. But I'm with Pete, stop calling me when I'm asleep on the couch watching rednecks go around in circles smiley644.png

It was 2 am when I finally got to bed. Then I was up at 8 am already. I have visions of Jeep parts running thru my head.:laugh: Today will be spent cleaning and organizing the garage. Then I'll start pricing all the parts on my "build sheet" and organize them accordingly :cool:

It was 2 am when I finally got to bed. Then I was up at 8 am already. I have visions of Jeep parts running thru my head.:laugh: Today will be spent cleaning and organizing the garage. Then I'll start pricing all the parts on my "build sheet" and organize them accordingly :cool:

At least im not the only one that dreams like that.

good to hear things with the 7 are going to start taking shape.
I've been waiting 3 years to go wheel'n with ya.:D

Me too!!! If all goes well I'll host the Jeep-Cj.com run next year at Rausch Creek. :) Id also like to make one longer distance trip and those pics you posted were looking awfully inviting. :D
good to hear things with the 7 are going to start taking shape.
I've been waiting 3 years to go wheel'n with ya.:D

First of all, I started this thread at 0630 this morning, and just finished...

Excellent writing skills - you know how to tell a story!! (If you're ever interested, read the story of Grindel the VW bus, and Robert S. Hoover's exploits getting it home. Fantastic read...Robert S. Hoover)

Love the fact that the CJ7 is the one you kept, because it had a personal attachment.

If you are thinking bedliners, there is only 1 solution - MONSTALINER. Multiple colors (don't show your daughters the yellow!)
I bought some for my C101 Jeepster Commando, and he made it in OD Green. Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

I did three months of research on different bedliners, and this was the one that was by far the best.

Durabak will fade, as it is NOT colorfast like Monsta. Monsta is cheaper, too.

Anyway - good luck, and I'm subscribed!

Well theres 2 hours of your life I bet you wish you had back. Sorry I cannot do refunds. :D Thanks for the very kind words. Im glad you enjoyed it.

The Monstaliner link was great and I ordered up a few different paint chips. You mustve read the whole thread cause Im definately looking for something that wont fade. One was a bit yellow but it was more curiosity than anything. :)

Look for some things to start happening with this thread soon. Im in the process of ordering some parts this weekend. :cool:

:popcorn: cant wait! my jeep is at a stand still :( waiting on the motor has got me bummed so i havent done anything to it.

Well all Ive ordered so far are the floor pans over the weekend and the boatsides a few minutes ago. I went with the ones from Daves cause I wont have to cut them down like the ones on Pirate. If needed I'll have my brother weld a plate on the firewall area.

From what I read on your motor I think it will be well worth the wait. ;)
:popcorn: cant wait! my jeep is at a stand still :( waiting on the motor has got me bummed so i havent done anything to it.

Well all Ive ordered so far are the floor pans over the weekend and the boatsides a few minutes ago. I went with the ones from Daves cause I wont have to cut them down like the ones on Pirate. If needed I'll have my brother weld a plate on the firewall area.

From what I read on your motor I think it will be well worth the wait. ;)

I talked to the mechinist about my motor and everything is going good. :D Its taken him a little longer I will explainon the motor build thread latter today. I will be picking the head and block up the 19th :banana:
I also will be going with the Dave boat sides also. i do not want to replace the rust on my tub.

I talked to the mechinist about my motor and everything is going good. :D Its taken him a little longer I will explainon the motor build thread latter today. I will be picking the head and block up the 19th :banana:
I also will be going with the Dave boat sides also. i do not want to replace the rust on my tub.

Well none of my parts have showed up yet. Of course everything I ordered for the tub is coming from the west coast so I shouldve known. Im off to pick up the MTRs now.

You have to post up some pics when you get the motor back from the machine shop. Gotta check out your thread now. :D

Pete - isn't it amazing that when you live in the East everything you need has to come from the West Coast and when you live in the West everything comes from the East. :rolleyes:

Jeep's looking good though :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom