Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7

Build Thread $600 Salvage Cj-7
Way back when I lived in Arizona I had a 68 G.T.O. and later a 82 Z-28. You are so right cause I remember alot of parts coming from the East. Its a conspiracy I tell you! :D

Thanks for the compliment on the Cj but its gonna look alot better after the tub swap and some more upgrades. I guess the tires below are the first. I'll finally get to use the Outlaws with the Mtrs. I'll get them mounted and balanced some time this week. 4 new ones were gonna cost me about $860 not mounted. Heres the 5 I got for $700. The spare is new and I compared it to the others in the 2nd photo. The Mtrs measure out to almost exactly 33 in. :cool: Darn tires cost more than the initial purchase of the Jeep. :laugh:

Mtrs2.jpg

Mtrs1.jpg

Pete - isn't it amazing that when you live in the East everything you need has to come from the West Coast and when you live in the West everything comes from the East. :rolleyes:

Jeep's looking good though :chug:

Last edited:
:chug: Great deal Pete.:chug:
Save them for trail tires, I don't want you wearing them out on the black top now.

How wide are your tires?

12.5. They look great in the garage. :rolleyes: Im going to get them mounted and balanced and throw them on before I pull the tub. My '85 has narrow trac axles that someone else swapped in so you wont get a good comparison if you go by mine.

12.5. They look great in the garage. :rolleyes: Im going to get them mounted and balanced and throw them on before I pull the tub. My '85 has narrow trac axles that someone else swapped in so you wont get a good comparison if you go by mine.
I ask this because i have 2 sets of 33 inch tires, a set of BFG 12.5 and a set of toyo 13.5 both dont measure 33 inch on a tape. Maybe i will do a thread about tire hiegth VS tire width.

I like that idea. It'll be a little before its roadworthy again with all the stuff I have planned. I do believe I'll paint the steelies silver and look for another set of cheaper all terrains for the street.
:chug: Great deal Pete.:chug:
Save them for trail tires, I don't want you wearing them out on the black top now.

Mmmm. Appropriate for the weather we've been having here lately , the boatsides arrived today. These babies are beefy and made in the U.S.A. :us:

boatsides.jpg

Good to hear there's still some good old USA products out there.

You guys are gonna love this one. I had a set of wide trac axles up on Craigslist for awhile. They have 2.72 in them and the front needed a wheel bearing and ball joints so I had decided to let them go cause theyd be more work than they were worth.

Then I got an email reply to my ad from a guy who just wanted the carriers and gears. He wanted to trade my 2.72 for his 4.10 plus cash. :eek: I was skeptical but texted the number last nite and of course didnt here back. Typical Craigslist B.S. :mad:

Then while on break today at work ( the only time I can have my cell on me ) the phone rings. Sure enough its him and we get to talking. So the agreement is he can have my 2.72s and he'll install his 4.10s in my axles. I wont mind replacing thee other stuff then.

That will put my final crawl ratio at 57.73. Im thinkin I'll be pretty happy with that. :) If not I'll have the carriers to go to 4.56 or 4.88s at a later date. Im hoping this guy is legit. I'll keep you guys posted.

You guys are gonna love this one.

Then I got an email reply to my ad from a guy who just wanted the carriers and gears. He wanted to trade my 2.72 for his 4.10 plus cash. :eek: . Im hoping this guy is legit..

:wasted::laugh:

:wasted::laugh:
That crossed my mind but he called me back at 9 am and sounded sober enough. :D This day just keeps giving. UPS got here 1st. Then it was Fed Ex turn.

floorpans.jpg

Mmmm. Appropriate for the weather we've been having here lately , the boatsides arrived today. These babies are beefy and made in the U.S.A. :us:

boatsides.jpg

Those look good cant wait tell i get mine. What hardware did they come with?

Just like the windshield hinges and such only allen head and not torx. You know, countersunk so they mount flush on the outside with the nuts inside the tub area. Im probably gonna get my own in stainless instead.
Those look good cant wait tell i get mine. What hardware did they come with?

I took my Mtrs to get mounted on my Outlaw wheels today. I love the look of these wheels and have sat on this set for a couple years now. I finally have tires worthy of mounting on them.

First pic shows the difference in not only tire hieght but width. Both are 33 x 12.5 x 15 on 10 in wide rims.

Meats1.jpg

Next is how these bad boys look paired together.

Meats3.jpg

Even though Im ( slowly ) getting ready for a tub swap I couldnt help but throw 2 on to take a look. I love it. It totally changed the Cjs attitude. :cool: It also made me decide that when the new body is on Im staying with black.

Meats2.jpg

Last edited:
Them there new shoes look good on that old cj.:chug:
I can't wait to see how the boatsides turn out.

Thanks man. Possibly the best upgrade so far. For the only 2 times I had it out those $100 all terrains performed like , well $100 all terrains. :eek: Im still going to search for some 33 inch street tires though like you said. Ill paint the yellow wheels silver and run better all terrains on them.

This weekend is promised to my loving ( wife ) for a 3 day camp out getaway. After that I'll be spending a couple bucks on sawhorses and some better lights in the garage. Then I'll get down to the floorpans and boatsides. Im really looking forward to it. :)

Them there new shoes look good on that old cj.:chug:
I can't wait to see how the boatsides turn out.

Looks good. :)

Sent from Tapatalk on a small phone, forgive the misspelling.

They look great! Plus stay with Black!!!!:chug:

Very nice. Are you going with a flat black or semi gloss?

Looks good. :)

Thanks man. That wheel and tire combo really changed it up. :)

Sent from Tapatalk on a small phone, forgive the misspelling.

They look great! Plus stay with Black!!!!:chug:

Thanks. Probably add some stainless but thats about it. Wondering if the bumpers should be black as well ??? I was looking over my Yj tub and it actually is pretty straight. Thats another reason I decided on the black.

Very nice. Are you going with a flat black or semi gloss?

Thanks , your running Outlaws also no? I have a guy that'll shoot it for me so I dont have to go the spray can route again. Leaning toward a semi gloss.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom