Engine work has begun, compression, burning oil, and other questions..

Engine work has begun, compression, burning oil, and other questions..
I took a video of it running cold today, but the camera battery died so it will be a while before it's ready.

It runs beautifuly though, 25 pounds oil pressure, rev it up and there's no tapping or knocking or anything.

It still smokes but, it just seems like there should be a less severe way to keep the oil pressure up where it should be, than a whole rebuild...

New oil pump?

man you can pour all the chemicals you want to in that motor but the fact is its wore out time for a rebuild. like it was suggested earlier do a drive way rebuild pull it out clean it up hone it, put new rings in it, have the crank turned or just polished and new bearings, oil pump, cam bearings, and a cam if needed and it'll go for a good long time. or find you a good used motor to drop in people sell em on craigslist all the time around here and there CHEEEEAAAPP i've seen em as low as $100

there you go seems to be the best solution for you. if you go for the used motor make sure you pull the plugs and turn it over by hand, listen for any noised that might indicate the cylinder walls are rusted bad, it should turn over fairly easy. also pull the oil drain plug and look for water in the oil. look it over and make sure there aren't any visible cracks in the block, and no freeze plugs pushed out or cracked. for $100 and a little travel time you take a chance but it can pay off big time in the end. i would also consider spending $50 on a gasket kit to cure any leaks the "new" motor might have before dropping it in

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom