I6 or V8? And Why?

I6 or V8? And Why?
I understand the 401, that one's easy. I would have grabbed that up too. But what plan did you have when you decided that you needed a V12 tank engine?

I understand the 401, that one's easy. I would have grabbed that up too. But what plan did you have when you decided that you needed a V12 tank engine?

It was free...leave me alone.....:mad:

So, because it was free, you took it just to have it... That's awesome :chug:

8 cyl all the way! Sorry but I'm an old school yet young at heart kinda guy...

The super wide torque band of the eight makes it perfect for me!

That and the screaming sound it makes at six grand! :)

Ok not even to sound like a suck up but CJ took the words right out of my mouth Go V8.....But I wouldn't turn down a Jeep cause it has an I6 :cool:

V-12 tank engine, Hmmmm I wonder how much you'd have to stretch the wheelbase of a CJ5 to slip that bad boy in there?:eek: More Power!:laugh:

There is no replacement for displacement.
Your 8 could get by on good looks alone.:drool:

Did you actually find torque curves for these two engines I have been looking diligently for the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and can’t find it.

A 71' AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l AMC "6" put out 240 lbs ft @ 1800/RPM My 401 V8 puts out 445 @ 2000/RPM ;)

V-12 tank engine, Hmmmm I wonder how much you'd have to stretch the wheelbase of a CJ5 to slip that bad boy in there?:eek: More Power!:laugh:

LH, just graft in another front end into your CJ8 ......:D

Oh...AMC V-8 No Would of, Should of, Could of about it!! :) What's wrong with 360 cubes in a little CJ7 !!!:D

I would have a I6, untill I found a proper replacement or supercharger! :D

LH, just graft in another front end into your CJ8 ......:D

Or better yet, just stick it in the back! monster truck style FTW!!!

The 6 does all right by me, but I do want a V8. just the sound of the V8 alone plasters that poopie eating grin on your face
A guy near me just dropped the new 6.1 Hemi from a new SRT grand in his YJ :eek:

thanks Horn;
I put this in documents.:notworthy:

I know where the number for the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l came from but where did you find the numbers for the 401?? did you do a dino on that machine??

To answer the Dynomometer Question "Yes & No", my engine was never run on a Dyno. I have a buddy down in Houston that has the same motor: Carb, intake, exhaust, cam, compression, ignition, roller rockers, oil pan, air cleaner & more money than me. He had his run on a new engine Dyno, so I'm confidant that they are close enough for my info. I was impressed with his so I built mine the same.

Well my answer dosen't really fit the question but since ther is no flaming here.

I love my V8, chevy that is. Every parts store and junkyard has any part I need, no matter where I'm at. It can be hard to find amc parts when your in the middle of nowhere.

A 71' AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l AMC "6" put out 240 lbs ft @ 1800/RPM My 401 V8 puts out 445 @ 2000/RPM ;)

An American Continental aluminum air-cooled 1792-cubic-inch V-12 makes 810 horsepower and 1590 pound-feet of torque. :cool:

Well my answer dosen't really fit the question but since ther is no flaming here.

I love my V8, chevy that is. Every parts store and junkyard has any part I need, no matter where I'm at. It can be hard to find amc parts when your in the middle of nowhere.

Rodger that, but I'm running HEI so that's chevy. Delco alt, that's chevy. The starter & solenoid are ford. The water pump is all that's AMC. Anything more & I want to take it back to the barn to work on it any way. ;)

An American Continental aluminum air-cooled 1792-cubic-inch V-12 makes 810 horsepower and 1590 pound-feet of torque. :cool:

HOLEY :dung:. now if you just find a tank to put it in.:biggun:

You could invade maryland!!:laugh:

HOLEY :dung:. now if you just find a tank to put it in.:biggun:

You could invade maryland!!:laugh:

I have some materials left over from a small addition and a deck I built a while back, and was thinkin about building one! I'll have to figure out what size nails to use for the engine mounts, and I was thinking I had better use 2x6's instead of 2x4's. It'll be pretty torqey.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom