Who owns what year?

Who owns what year?
65 CJ5 , biggest pile of rust youve probably seen in a while, but i cant wait to be wheelin her, pics in my gallery

1980 CJ7 here.

:chug:

I'd sell the JunK. :laugh:

ehh, it's not a bad daily driver. at the moment i'm getting 17.5mpg with 35's and i've got a set of 4:88's that need to get put in, should get another mpg bump there.

honestly though, the JK is the single biggest reason for my current CJ collection. it will need another $6k+ to make the JK a respectable off-road vehicle. i'll have less than that in my entire CJ project.

JK = daily driver
CJ = Jeep

ehh, it's not a bad daily driver. at the moment i'm getting 17.5mpg with 35's and i've got a set of 4:88's that need to get put in, should get another mpg bump there.

honestly though, the JK is the single biggest reason for my current CJ collection. it will need another $6k+ to make the JK a respectable off-road vehicle. i'll have less than that in my entire CJ project.

JK = daily driver
CJ = Jeep

That's the point I was going for.:chug:
IMHO it's seams like all the new "Jeep" vehicles have added so many comfort & safety items their not "Jeeps" anymore, power windows, airbags, navigation systems, next they'll be parking them selves like my Mom's Lexus.:eek:
Just comparing my CJ2a to my wife's YJeep it's amazing how much more wiring harness there is to deal with. :rolleyes:

That's the point I was going for.:chug:
IMHO it's seams like all the new "Jeep" vehicles have added so many comfort & safety items their not "Jeeps" anymore, power windows, airbags, navigation systems, next they'll be parking them selves like my Mom's Lexus.:eek:
Just comparing my CJ2a to my wife's YJeep it's amazing how much more wiring harness there is to deal with. :rolleyes:

i actually installed a switch in the JK to allow me to turn off all of the traction control BS. after it tried to kill me on a mountain road i decided that it had to go.

you need a programer to re-set the throttle response to actually drive the thing. the JK's have a huge lag in response built in the original program. mash the throttle..... wait for it.... wait for it.... ahhh, there it is.

the power windows and power locks still kind of piss me off. not only are the doors heavier but you also have a huge wire bundle to contend with. i don't see mine holding up all that long.

i need to see if there is a way to disable the *auto lock* feature too. the damn doors lock after you get going... like a mini-van :mad:.

at the moment i have a light on the dash warning me that the passenger side air bag isn't working. who knows what that's all about, i don't have plans to get it fixed. i may just remove the bulb for that light and be done with it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom