Build Thread CJ7 restoration in progress- Advice please

Build Thread CJ7 restoration in progress- Advice please
Your doors look great.I'm still doing mine.
Do you know of a place where their selling the door latch on the inside of the door.They were made by Ebehart something like that.They were making latches for doors on fire trucks ,utility beds ,etc. so they put it in the CT doors too.Junk yards turn up junk around here.I got a 83
Thanx Mike

Is this what you mean?
image_zoom.php

image_zoom.php

Original Replacement Parts 55176476AB - Passenger Side Interior Door Handle in Black for 82-06 Jeep® CJ-7, CJ-8 Scrambler & Wrangler YJ, TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

roll bar

I used grade 8's and a stainless washer on each. I also kept the plates exposed instead of cutting carpet and hiding them underneath.

Looks good pal.
hate to tell you but your not finished, just caught up.:D

X2 on that IO. CJ's are never really finished, you think you are then you see something on someone else's rig or in a Jeep rag & it starts all over again.:laugh:

Congratulations on your current phase!

Looks good pal.

X2 on that IO. CJ's are never really finished, you think you are then you see something on someone else's rig or in a Jeep rag & it starts all over again.:laugh:

Congratulations on your current phase! :chug:

I mentioned that I broke the grommet on the latching mechanism bar in the door during breakdown. The grommet can't be replaced because the metal was stamped with it in place.

Good news is the rubber grommet I thought would never work worked.

1st pic is the u shaped bar.
2nd pic is the original plastic grommet (or the one I did not break)
3rd pic is rubber grommet that I replaced with

BTW what's under the hood?:confused:
Good point Horn!! what are you running ? we never saw anything but body work, I bet you have a rear axle that needs attention and a new front bumper that will carry the winch yadayadayada you see your not finished.:D

Looks good pal.

I'm done with the dash and the tub for another 20 years....I hope.

Next project is to fix the bent suspension. I would also like to get it up on a lift and blast the wheel wells and undercarriage one of these days.

And maybe one day pull the engine and sand and paint the engine compartment.

There's always something to do no doubt...

Next project is to fix the bent suspension. I would also like to get it up on a lift and blast the wheel wells and undercarriage one of these days.

Spoken like a true Jeeper!:D

ah grasshopper, you have made one more step on the path to enlightenment.:D
I can't wait to see how that frame work goes.

Boy I forgot what all that looked like under there.No wonder I used to hate resealing the valve cover.
Keep up the good work.
Mike

So I guess I spoke a little soon. :bang:

As you see in this picture, I had not yet put in the horizontal bolts that hold the roll bar to the wall of the tub.

2670d1269747492-cj7-restoration-progress-advice-please-img_3017.jpg

Well I discovered today when I went to put those bolts in place that the holes are not lining up. :(

And here is the reason why:
2035d1262972742-cj7-restoration-progress-advice-please-img_0894.jpg

The plate that was welded on top of the metal added 1/8" and the carpet probably added another 1/8"...

Easy fix is just to drill the roll bar plate and elongate the factory holes. Still a pain in the <-BAD WORD-> though.

Just when you think you're through...and they pull you back in!

So I guess I spoke a little soon. :bang:

As you see in this picture, I had not yet put in the horizontal bolts that hold the roll bar to the wall of the tub.

2670d1269747492-cj7-restoration-progress-advice-please-img_3017.jpg

Well I discovered today when I went to put those bolts in place that the holes are not lining up. :(

And here is the reason why:
2035d1262972742-cj7-restoration-progress-advice-please-img_0894.jpg

The plate that was welded on top of the metal added 1/8" and the carpet probably added another 1/8"...

Easy fix is just to drill the roll bar plate and elongate the factory holes. Still a pain in the <-BAD WORD-> though.

Just when you think you're through...and they pull you back in!

I've never seen anyone bolt the roll bar through the carpet before.;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom