Build Thread CJ7 restoration in progress- Advice please

Build Thread CJ7 restoration in progress- Advice please
I never found anywhere that I liked to get my seat re upholstered. I think I am going to hold off for a while because I just got these covers and I like the way they look. They compliment the blues.

They will look even better when I put them in right and tie everything down.

If I had a wife, do you think I would be able to do all of this?

CB is right! me and my fiancee are going to pay off just her dress tomorrow and something else to do with the wedding thats 1000 dollars ;) and i really wanna get started on my 7!

CB is right! me and my fiancee are going to pay off just her dress tomorrow and something else to do with the wedding thats 1000 dollars ;) and i really wanna get started on my 7!

Wait till you have kids lol Your 18 i would wait a bit longer to get married

Im single and you know what i can do ?

Anything i want to do :notworthy:

Last edited:
Got the new radio wired in and working. That was a breeze with the dash wide open like it is. I made the face plate about 1/4" proud from the dash. You can also go flush with it as well.

Went with the black radio knobs, way better than the chrome. The black knobs pop, but the factory pull knobs just look flat next to them... So I switched all of those out as well.

Have to wait until tomorrow to get it all put back together. It came to me that I was getting a new head unit, "so I might as well" get new speakers to replace the 15yr old ones...

looks good

Wait till you have kids lol Your 18 i would wait a bit longer to get married

Im single and you know what i can do ?

Anything i want to do :notworthy:

18? I was engaged at 21 and it didn't work out... I waited 10 more years before I even thought about it again... in those 10 years, I agree, I did ANYTHING I wanted... now that I am married... less.

cb

Dash is 99% done. All I have left to do is to put the knobs on the radio, transfer the glove box lock over, and put finishing touches on wiring.

Def in the home stretch.

New gear shifter boots. I used stainless hardware to give it a nice pop against the black. Waiting on part before I install gear shifter.

Replacement boots are identical to factory and match up to original holes.

New gear shifter boots. I used stainless hardware to give it a nice pop against the black. Waiting on part before I install gear shifter.

Replacement boots are identical to factory and match up to original holes.
where did you get the boots?

I noticed you used a factory T-5 boot for the shifter, my 85 has a body lift and I kept tearing the factory boot so I went to a Transfer Case boot (Dana 300 ) around the shifter and it works much better.

So I've had some delays. I finally got that replacement piece of carpet. So I installed that and picked up the roll bar from the paint shop. At that point, all I needed to do was put the roll bar back in, bolt it down, then bolt the seats back in and I was done. Dash, radio, amp, speakers, carpet, paint, gear shifter, done. The doors are still in the shop, but I was done.

Went to install the thing and noticed that they forgot to paint the bottom of the mounting plates! Yes I should have checked the entire thing before leaving the shop, but :dung: like this REALLY irks me.

Oh yeah, the doors I brought specifically to Specialty Stripping to avoid them getting warped? Warped.

So they will be in the shop a little longer now as well.

Finally got the roll bar and doors back. I'm in a bit of a time crunch, so I have been working on getting the doors put back together.

Here are the before pics...

Your doors look great.I'm still doing mine.
Do you know of a place where their selling the door latch on the inside of the door.They were made by Ebehart something like that.They were making latches for doors on fire trucks ,utility beds ,etc. so they put it in the CT doors too.Junk yards turn up junk around here.I got a 83
Thanx Mike

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom