Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread

Build Thread CJ's CJ5 - Rebuild Thread
Is that how you've been spending your time at work, making jeep parts.:laugh:

That looks pertty!! Nice to see your getting back to it.:chug:
I'm actually a little 'giddy' about getting back to work...

Is that from "Bulltear"?:confused:
One of the first ones they ever made. I was a test bed...

nice bling bling
Exactly why I purchased it...

Is that how you've been spending your time at work, making jeep parts.:laugh:
I wish! I can not use the equipment for 'personal' use! :(

I wish! I can not use the equipment for 'personal' use! :(

That suck's. Thats been the one good thing about the shop I work at, they let me work on my own parts, on my own time of course.:)

That suck's. Thats been the one good thing about the shop I work at, they let me work on my own parts, on my own time of course.:)
by
Under the rules set up by the GOV... I cannot use any equipment paid for by or even remotely financed our kin folk... (our taxes).... Kinda sucks but, rules is rules... :)
I wish I could do anything at work that would relate to Jeeps... all I can do is type... so sad.

cb
Know what ya mean! I would love to use some of the five axis mills I have at my disposal to create some AWSUM parts for my CJ! Our Hermle ( Products ), Mori Seki ( The Machines | Multi Axis Machines | NMV Series | Mori Seiki US ) and Ferrari ( C.B. Ferrari Home) mills could rock my custom world... Yep - I'm gloating - just wish I could use em for my own use... :)

I just got around to reading this entire thread and all I can say is well????

What's the latest? It's really cool reading a thread that's similar to my own experiences over the past few months. I'm only a week or two away from being done!!!! Your powder coated frame definitely looks better than mine! My frame didn't require any repairs but the PO had already had it sandblasted and painted. I decided to just leave it that way other than some touch ups.

Going way back in the thread, I have a suggestion for anyone wanting to pull the motor without a cherry picker. If you have an I-Beam in your garage, use a come along. :)

I'm out of town mostly now due to my work commitments.

I have the axles mounted and can now roll around on the 33"s. I also have the test engine fitted with the T-18 .

Beyond that, I failed. It pretty much sucks being away from home so much due to work... :(

I just spent the last hour and a half getting caught up on your build, CJ. Technically I am working right now, so, it's not all bad. The frame looks good so far, I would like to see how the body looks sitting on it. Also, I am a bit disappointed, as I was hoping you would have video of it running by now :(. Reading through theads like this is where I get my ideas, and dreams from, as I still just have a frame in the garage, and parts scattered about waiting for $ flow to allow them being put in. Can't wait to see some progress.

I am a bit disappointed
I'm VERY disappointed - in myself. I've owed this CJ for 30+ years, and have never had it down for this length of time. It's killing me!

CJ where did those LED taillamps come from? I am looking through the site you posted, but the largest they show is a 2.5" I really want a set like that, so it will stay street legal.

I found them, just had to dig a little deeper. Here is a link that goes directly to them. http://www.fleetoilandtrucksupply.com/Maxxima/5021/220-2220-5021/dept

Last edited:
I'm out of town mostly now due to my work commitments.

Beyond that, I failed. It pretty much sucks being away from home so much due to work... :(

That settles it, it's time to retire, LOL.

by
Under the rules set up by the GOV... I cannot use any equipment paid for by or even remotely financed our kin folk... (our taxes).... Kinda sucks but, rules is rules... :)

Know what ya mean! I would love to use some of the five axis mills I have at my disposal to create some AWSUM parts for my CJ! Our Hermle ( Products ), Mori Seki ( The Machines | Multi Axis Machines | NMV Series | Mori Seiki US ) and Ferrari ( C.B. Ferrari Home) mills could rock my custom world... Yep - I'm gloating - just wish I could use em for my own use... :)
Where there is a will there is a way.:D

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.

I haven't kept it up to date and for that I am sorry.

The chassis has been assembled for a while but I decided to change a few things. I pulled my engine and decided to put in the 401.

The heads were just delivered today! Damn they look nice! I'll post all the build pics when I have a chance - but here are the head photos I took just a few minutes ago... :)

About to begin rebuilding my CJ5 . Searched around for rebuild links and found this one. Enjoyed it so much I signed up on the forum. Can't wait to hear and see the rest!
If I'm learnin', I'm livin'!

Thanks San and welcome to our site. My rebuild has been very slow lately, work has been calling. I have started to fit the engine in the frame though.

Soon I hope to post a boat load of pics!

:popcorn:

Ok CJ. I can't stand it any more! I need more info, pics or somthing. :drool: Can't wait to see it complete!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom